Blow a kiss, fire a gun

Holly's POV

"Woah Holly that's amazing news! I can't believe that you are singing with the Divergent!"

"Thanks Jenn, but I rather not. I don't know what's in store for me next. Ever since I have set my foot in this school, it has been downhill for me."

"Hey what about us? Are we just potatoes for you?" Mindy asked

"Sorry, I mean you guys are the only good thing that has happened."

She laughed.

"Hey, don't worry, things will get much better slowly."

"I'm scared Mindy, what will Adam do to me? He'll make my life miserable if I join the band. I really regret what I did back there. I keep getting this bad feeling. Call it my intuition or something. You know I am a highly evolved soul and my sixth sense-"

"Yeah yeah, we get Holls. But on a serious note, I'm scared too. I don't want you hanging around that jerk all day. He's just..." Mindy shuddered. "He gives me that cold creepy vibes sometimes."

"I think he'll understand if I tell him the reason. That's why I wanted to apologize to him today. I'll go talk to him when we practice together. Maybe we can start fresh and be friends."

"Friends?! Holly are you living in some la-la land? You don't know Adam and his past. You don't know how many girls he's played with and how many have been left broken. Please don't be foolish and try to be his friend!"

"I know he is a player, I have seen his tongue down dozens of different mouths but I don't think he can be that bad I mean-"

"Holly please, it's best if you stay miles away from that monster and since you can't do that, just ignore him as much as you can."

"I don't know Mindy, it's worth giving a shot don't you think?"

"DO NOT TALK TO THAT MONSTER HOLLY I'M WARNING YOU!" Mindy started shaking me like a maniac. 

"Okay, okay cut down on the melodrama Mindy." I laughed as I held my spinning head. 

"I have a great idea. Come over to my house today for a sleepover. Jenn is coming too. It'll help you take your mind over things and we'll have some fun!"

"That's actually a great idea. I'm home alone these days since my parents are away, I barely sleep a wink because of my nerves. It'll be good to catch up on some sleep"

"Oh we won't be sleeping Holls," Mindy chuckled.

"What's this creepy face you're making?"

She laughed and slung her arm around mine as we started walking out of school.

***
"Wow, your house is amazing Mindy."

"I know right, my mom is into oriental stuff and Asian decorations. She's all into Feng Shui and crystals and all that weird nonsense."

"it's not nonsense." 

I saw a huge stone statue of Buddha outside her main door. It had a huge waterfall falling over it. Her house was full of Chinese and Buddhist scrolls and lucky charms.

"Most of our artifacts are from South Asia. Like this Japanese teapot which reminds me, you want some tea Holls? I'm making some for myself."

"No thanks, I don't drink tea."

"Help yourself to some diet coke in the fridge then."

"Ya sure, when will Jenn come ?"

"She had to go to her house first, so she'll be coming in a short while."