I've got a jet black heart and there's a hurricane underneath it

A/N - Photo Luke Hemmings.Song - Jet Black heart By 5SOS

This chapter is dedicated to all of you who are reading this. Thank u for supporting me.

Adam's POV

"What? We...what Adam?" She asked softly. I could hear the pain in her voice. She looked at me so vulnerable, that I instantly regretted, what I had just said. It was only this morning that she had asked me if she could trust me over her friends, and I had said yes. The motive of my bet was something else, there was no need to add public humiliation to it.  

She stared at me, waiting for a response, trying to blink away the tears. I immediately looked away. Why did I say all off this? I felt like kicking myself.

 "I'm so sorry Holly, I didn't mean to say all this-it just came out of my mouth."

"Whatever, Adam." She shook her head, roughly wiping away the rebel tears that had fallen from her eyes. My chest tightened. It was not like I cared but that didn't mean I wanted her to get humiliated like this. 

But she just won't listen to me. I hadn't spread any such rumours about her. It wasn't my style. Often the rumours about me spread when I was seen with those girls. I wouldn't personally go to each and everyone in school and tell them, that this girl is my new slut or whatever. That's low, even for me!b  And I would never do that to her. I mean, I technically was, but my idea of getting my revenge was a one-on-one thing. It was not like I would go to half the school after I won my bet, telling these low-lives that she slept with me. 

 What actually got me intrigued was that how did that person find out that she was with me last night? Her friends would never say anything and so wouldn't mine. Then who found out about all of this and how? She was still staring at me, her eyes red. Whenever she got angry, she went on and on without listening to the other person and currently she wasn't letting me speak.

"Listen I haven't said anything about you, so please if you-"

"Leave me alone," she said and walked away, trying to move through the crowd. I had to go behind her.

"Holly, wait! Please listen to me-" I ran behind her and grabbed her hand. She didn't react. I had expected her to hit me or push me back, but she seemed way to upset.

I walked away, from all the people still holding her hand. We turned around a quiet corner. She still hadn't reacted, she was just going wherever I went. When I saw that we were out of people's sight, I immediately pulled her into a hug.  I didn't want to be seen hugging her, because it would just add fuel to all the rumours. I usually didn't hug girls, just for the sake of hugging them. Holly felt limp in my arms, no reaction. Had this impacted her so badly? Then how would she react when I...

"Holly I swear to god, I said nothing about you."

I was met with silence. Slowly I felt her arms coming around me. Finally, she wasn't dead at least. I  pulled back. At least she was quiet enough to listen to me now!

"I would never insult you like this. Never in a million years."

Her hands were still wrapped around my waist. I didn't want to push her away. She was really affected by this stupid rumour. 

"But I promise that I'll find out who spread this rumour and break his neck into two."

More silence.

"Are you hearing me-?"

She hugged me tighter. So she was responding at least.

"It doesn't matter what people say about you. If it did then-" I felt uncomfortable about what I was going to say next.