Tell me pretty lies

A/N - Aaah writer's block *cries in a corner* My apologies for the horrible and boring chapter ahead :/ I re read it a thousand times and I hated it more and more after every reading sorry...

Song is idfc by backbear.

Tell me pretty lies,
Look me in the face.
Tell me that you love me,
Even if it's fake.
Cause idfc at all...

Holly's POV

Adam leaned in and kissed Melanie. I stood there frozen in shock as the rest of the world seemed to blur away. My eyes were fixed on the two of them and I could feel my heart sinking. They slowly pulled away and she smiled at him. It was like something just broke inside me and it hurt so bad. As much as I tried to reason with myself, I couldn't. I shook my head trying to believe that this wasn't for real but I couldn't deny the scene unfolding in front of my eyes. There should be no reason why this was affecting me so much but to my annoyance it did. I asked myself why but I couldn't figure out the answer. I couldn't even find a reason to go and start accusing Adam. It wasn't like we were something, were we ? Denying all the times we had spent together. Denying the fact that he had kissed me a couple of days back and spent the night at my house just yesterday.

Unaware of what had happened, Alex continued to pull me away as we reached class. I slowly dragged my feet and sat down at the back with a million thoughts in my head. Our math teacher entered the class, everyone quickly scurried and pulled out their books. I tried hard to concentrate but the scene kept replaying in my mind. It was like two opposing sides were contradicting each other. One side told me that there was no reason for the pain I was feeling and the other side tried to find a justification for the betrayal I felt. I bit my lip as a tear escaped my eye. I quickly wiped it with the back of my sleeve.

Had all the moments that we had shared together mean nothing to him ? How can he kiss another girl like this ? He was what everyone said. Just a fuck boy, just a guy who would use you and play with your feelings and stupid me was falling into his trap. I don't know how many more signals I needed to stay away from him. Here I was trusting him with my life and in his mind, I was just a joke. I wiped my cheeks as tears continued to fall down involuntarily. The last thing I wanted was to create a scene in class.

I raised my hand and asked our teacher if I could be excused because I was feeling sick. Fortunetely for me he allowed. Maybe I was looking pale in the face so he bought it. I rushed outside the class, avoiding the questioning and concerned looks on my friend's faces. I began stroling through the empty hallways towards the medical room. It hadn't even been a week since I met him and look at the mess I was. My steps got heavier and I came to a halt. The sound of the bell startled me and pulled me out of my daze. I realised that I had no recollection of what had been taught today and I hadn't even gone back to class. He was screwing my life without even knowing it.

**********

Throughout the recess my friends kept asking me why I was feeling so low but I just shook my head. They sensed something was wrong but I tried my best to smile and reassure them.

"I'm just feeling a bit sick, it's nothing else."

"All of a sudden ? Is everything alright Holly ?"Jenn asked and I nodded furiously.

"Why aren't you eating anything ? Want to starve yourself to death? You already look so anemic today." She said.

"I'm not hungry." I tried forcing a laugh but it sounded quite pathetic. I earned  weird looks from my friends.