Is it too late now to say sorry?

Holly's POV 

I got up feeling sick to the pit of my stomach. I rubbed my eyes. The first thing that came in my mind was yesterday... me slapping Adam...his face so shocked and full of anger...  his sexy face so shocked and full of anger...

Why was I feeling so bad? I mean I did overreact I guess, but it's not like Adam had been like the kindest man to me before this incident either. I heaved a sad sigh.

"I'm sorry Adam. I truly am."

Now that I had vented out my childhood fear to my friends yesterday, I was in a much better headspace. And maybe just a tiny part of me felt downright silly for slapping Adam. Especially since he did not know the reason behind my violence. I pretty sure he thought groping involved other body parts and hair was not a part of the list. 

I was determined to see him in school today and apologize. Yes, you heard right apologize. I know it may not seem the brightest idea, but hey sometimes you have to think from your heart. Not that I cared about slapping him, I mean but I don't usually go around slapping people. I hardly ever fight. I'm peace-loving you see, so I was feeling a bit guilty. I would have apologized to anyone, even if it wasn't Adam.  And maybe just maybe if he gave me time, I'd explain myself to him and why I did that.

I remember his words to me, "Never tie your hair baby doll never."

Adams POV

I woke up feeling like I was on my death bed. My head was going to explode. Way too much alcohol even for me. When was the last time I had drunk so uncontrollably? Screw it, let's another unpleasant memory for another day. All I could recall from yesterday was the bet and sweet Holly. Poor innocent Holly, she had no idea what she was coming for her. 

I tried to get up from the bed as my head spun uncontrollably. I was certainly not at my best today. Not the best day to start the bet. Although I had turned most of my anger inside me into vengeance, I knew if I saw her today, I'd want to do some not-so-pretty things to her and that won't be the smartest way to win the bet. 

I sat back on the bed groaning as my body refused to listen to me. There was no way in hell I could go through an entire day of school like this. Worse, look at her face and pretend to be nice to her. I might be losing a precious day but I was willing to risk it. With that, I pulled the covers on my head and lack back on my bed. 

Holly's POV

"Where is he?" I searched my eyes everywhere for him. No nowhere to be found. Weird that they aren't practicing today.

"Looking for someone?"

I turned around. 

"Alex!" I smiled.

"Oh, you seem in a good mood today."

"Hardly."

"Why what's the matter looking for someone to slaughter?"

"Excuse me?" I was shocked to hear him make fun of me like that.

"Well well well, don't look so innocent Holly, I know exactly what you are thinking and no I am not volunteering, so go beat up someone else."

"You're so mean Alex," I looked at him with my puppy dog eyes, it always seems to do the trick.

He laughed. "Fine fine I'm sorry. Don't give me that pathetic look."

"Have you seen him?"

"Who? Your price charming? I'm right here." 

"Shut up Alex. I mean him," I whispered trying to hint at Adam's name, too scared to call it out loud as if he would pounce on me from nowhere.