Kiss me till you're drunk & I'll show you

Adams POV

The motorcycle screeched when I put the brakes on. I had been driving like a maniac on full speed. I threw the it down and practically fell off it. I ran to Holly's door and tried opening it. It was locked. Damn it. Well, what did I expect? For it to be wide open waiting for me to come?

"Max! Open the door" I shouted.

No response. I hope Holly was safe. I could hear muffled voices from inside. I tried pushing the door, it didn't open. Suddenly I heard a scream.

"You coward, open the door right now!" I was getting frantic. He was doing this on purpose. Making me come all the way, and still managing to make me feel helpless. I eyed the door. I think this might work. 

With all my force, I kicked the door right above the lock where the wood was the weakest. It managed to make a slight dent. I did that a couple of times more before the wood broke off from the top. I slid my hand through the splinters unlocking the latch. As I stumbled my way into the living room I saw Holly standing near the couch.

"Holly!" I ran to her. "Are you okay?"

She looked at me and burst out laughing.

"Look at your face, Adam. You look like-"

"What?" I looked around confused. "Where is Max?" 

"I was just kidding! But you moron, you broke my lock, you stupid idiot!" She laughed walking towards me. I suddenly felt light-headed as I crouched down on the floor trying to recover from my adrenaline rush "Woah Adam! What's wrong-?"

"What's wrong? Is this a joke to you Holly? Is your life a joke to you?" I got up and charged towards her grabbing her wrist.

"Ouch! Leave me!" She laughed some more. "You deserved it after what you had done to me today. Made me sit for 2 hours at practice! And now look at your face, you look so funny," she started laughing again.

How dare she? She couldn't play with my feelings like this. I had almost killed a couple of people on the road while driving at full speed just for her. Because I was worried and she had played such a cruel joke on me? Damn, I sound pathetic.

"I'm sorry!" She laughed some more. I left her taking a step back. "Adam? Why are you looking like this? Are you okay, I was just kidding-"

"It's not funny Holly!" I shouted, she jumped back in surprise. "How dare you do that Holly? How could you think of playing such a sick joke? After all I told you about Alicia and... she had called me the same way when Colin had.... you found it funny to repeat the same thing again?" Her expression immediately dropped. 

"I am so sorry Adam, I'm really very sorry Adam. I just thought it was a joke. I didn't know that-"

"No, you are not sorry at all! So stop acting like you are! All this while I was worried sick about what Max was going to do to you and whether I'll reach in time or not and you find it funny? You were laughing when I came in? How could you Holly?" I was really hurt by her actions. I looked away disgusted. I didn't want to see her stupid face. 

"I'm sorry Adam," she put her hand on my face forcing me to look at her. I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just so upset that you made me wait for-"

"It doesn't matter Holly. You can't compare the two things at all. Life may be a joke to you but I have seen someone lose their life in front of my eyes. Do you have any idea how I completely lost it when I heard you crying over the phone? I couldn't reach in time to save her and you..." I trailed off as I tried to get a grip on myself. Stop throwing a tantrum Adam for god sake!