Band aids don't fix bullet holes

A/N - See I promised I'll update soon and here it is !!! If its night time in your city don't read this chapter! Just saying...

Holly's POV

"Max?" I backed away involuntarily.

"Please don't leave Holly. I really want to talk to you." He begged.

"Before you try anything let me tell you that Adam is right here. He'll come any second. Just leave before you create another scene!"

"Don't worry about Adam. He's occupied for a while. At least till the time I finish what I have to say."

I bit my lip. What should I do? Should I just run away? No, that would be foolish. He'll be fast enough to catch me and God knows what he'll do next. The fact that the entire school is empty doesn't help either.

"Just give me a minute I won't take longer than that. I have to tell you something."

"I don't want to listen to anything Max. Just leave please!"

I grabbed my phone from my pocket but he snatched it from me.

"I'm telling you Holly, I won't do anything to you if you listen to me." He gave me a stern look.

I sighed and nodded. There was not much I could do. I knew Adam would be here any minute.

To my surprise he even gave my phone back. What did he want to talk about and why the hell was he being so nice? I stood motionless and tried to avoid eye contact.

"Go on I'm waiting. Say what you want to say."

"I just want to warn you. Don't blindly trust Adam."

I snapped up to look at his face.

"Listen Max..."

"Just let me finish!" He looked at me earnestly. I looked away in disgust. "It's for your own good. I want to help you out."

I tsked. "Hurry up."

"You think Adam is in love with you or something? Let me tell you, you're highly mistaken. He doesn't give a fuck about you."

"Alright I got your point. Are you done now?"

But he was far from done. I looked around to see any signs of Adam but he was nowhere to be seen. I mentally cursed him.

"Adam placed a bet with his friends and he used my help to win it. I want to tell you what it is but..."

"I don't see how this concerns me..."

"Of course it concerns you Holly!" He laughed.

"Max I'm sure you're here to tell me the bad stuff that he has done in the past but I don't care anymore. He's changed and..."

"We placed a bet on you."

I clenched my fists.

"And he used my help to win it."

"Ok that's enough get the hell out of here before I call the cops." I yelled.

"Why do you think I always kidnapped you and why do u think he always reached in time to save you? It was all pre planned."

"I don't get what you mean." I said with a shaking voice. I could give anything to be out of this place and to not hear what he said next.

"Adam is not what you think Holly."

***

I was completely distraught. I didn't know what to do. My mind was all over the place. My heart was beating like hell. Whatever Max had said was a lie right? It wasn't possible.