Can't seem to let you go, can't seem to hold you close

3 MONTHS LATER

A/N - YES U HEARD ME RIGHT !! Things might be confusing in the beginning but just bear with me.

Holly's POV

They say half a truth is often a great lie. All this while I was caught in a lie(*) The first was when I believed that Adam loved me and the second when I trusted Max to think that he didn't love me. By the time I realized my mistake, it was too late. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get him to forgive me. What hurt me even more was that probably he didn't care for me as much as I thought. It took him no time to return to his normal life, to be the way he was before I met him. But I was still hanging on to the smallest of his traces.

"Holly?"

My eyes met the warm smile of my best friend Mindy.

"You've been staring into the mirror for quite a while now. I'm getting creeped out." She said. How long had I been zoning out?

"I was just trying to figure out if this person in the mirror is me or someone else."

"I know right! It's all thanks to me that you look so good. Now if you're finally ready lets go."

I nodded in reply and stood up. She eyed me from top to bottom.

"You look gorgeous." She squealed.

"I imagine what your reaction will be when you'll see me some day in my wedding gown."

"I'd squeal even more. Now hurry up." She tugged on my arm and we walked out of the room.

***

"This bitch just turned eighteen."

"Mindy! For god sake can you not stop random people and announce that!" I yelled.

"But I want to. It's your birthday today and I'm so excited that a spoil sport like you decided to come here with us."

I was still kicking myself for coming here. So what did I have in store for my eighteen birthday? Apparently my friends had convinced me (with great efforts) to celebrate my birthday partying in this club. It was something that I never wanted to do but since it was my eighteenth birthday they said I should try something new. I told them there are other new things to try which are more safer and less noisy but did they listen? Of course they didn't. And how we got in this club was another story. Let's just say it wasn't easy.

"Mindy what the heck? At least look at the people you're stopping. Can you not stop creepy and weird dudes! They might just think we're pick up girls!"

"He was hot! And can you act normal for a change? Where do you even get such thoughts from? Don't fear when Mindy's here."

"That's what I'm fearing." I muttered.

"There they are." She pointed towards where Jenn and Alex were standing. We waded our way through the crowd and reached them.

"How's the birthday woman doing?" Jenn smiled.

"Not good till now. Isn't it too loud in here?"

"That's how a club is supposed to be you idiot. She's been complaining ever since she got here."

"And she's been broadcasting all over the club that it's my birthday today!"

"Holly why don't you loosen up for once. How about I get you something to drink trust me you'll feel better.

"I'm not drinking."

"Oh come on is there something that you want to do?"

"Get out of here."