Trouble is a friend of mine

Holly's POV

"Are you okay Holly?" 

I looked up to see that it was Mindy standing holding up and an umbrella over my head.

I stood up. I was so relieved to see her, I could kiss her. But I barely knew her. Didn't want to scare her away. 

"What are you doing here?" 

There it comes, now she would scream at me just like John. I didn't need more negativity in my life.

"Come with me Holly, my house is just around the corner, you're drenched." Okay, I think I would survive to see another day. Didn't seem like the words of someone who hated you. Unless she takes me to her house and-

"Yaaa... su... sure.." I said between shivers. It was either her house or pneumonia. 

***

"Why were you sitting outside in the rain? Do you want to get pneumonia or something?"

"Actually I was just trying to die so I wouldn't have to go to school tomorrow," I joked. I was feeling much better now that I was dry and drinking hot chocolate. I had borrowed Mindy's clothes and we were just sitting and talking.

"Ya right..." Mindy rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry Mindy."

She looked at me puzzled. 

"Why ?"

Did she just ask 'why' after all that happened today?

"About Alex and..."

"Relax Holly, apart from a few bruises on his pretty little face and little cuts here and there, nothing has happened to him. The boy will live," she laughed. 

"Are you sure Mindy, he was really moaning in pain."

"Alex is just a drama queen babe, loves the attention. You should have stayed to see the number of girls that flooded in the nurse's office when they heard he was injured," she laughed. "He was quite overwhelmed with the attention. Probably thinking he was a knight in shining armour or something. Telling all the girls how he had to save a girl's honour even if he suffered a few injuries here and there in the process. He thinks he's Jon Snow, he's more like Samwell Tarly. I was like sure Alex, Holly had seen your bravery back there," She chuckled.

I laughed imagining the entire situation. Alex being my knight in shining armor!

"And I'm sure by now he's more than recovered by the number of roses and get well soon cards that he is receiving. So don't fret Holls he's good to go."

"Well, I'm relieved, thank god. I was cursing myself for having caused so much trouble."

"You sure do overthink Holls. Why did you go away, Jenn and I were so worried. We thought Adam's kidnapped you or something. Even your phone was switched off."

"I went to hunt down Adam."

"You what-?" 

"Mindy, can I ask you something? Why is everyone-", and that's when it happened. My eyes landed on the clock above Mindy's head.

9.30pm 

Oh my god.

By now my parents must have dialed up half the country. They must have called the police, the ambulance, the fire station and most probably the president as well.

"Mindy shoot, I need to rush. My parents-I don't know which block this is I'm-"

"Relax Holly, I'll drop you in my car, let's go."