When I'm with you I'm standing with an army

Unedited- Please point out the mistakes...

A/N - THE FOLLWING CHAPTER IS INTENSE GUYS. INVOLVES VIOLENCE AND MAY BE A WEE BIT UNCOMFORTABLE FOR SOME OF YOU EMOTIONALLY. Not that this message is going to stop any of you from reading so ya just ignore this useless bit and continue.

This chapter is dedicated to @armeen9 for her awesome support to this book ♡

The song is Army by Ellie Goulding. I absolutely love the lyrics of this song.

Holly's POV

His eyes were staring into mine angrily. My back was rubbing against the wall and it hurt like hell. He left my face only to grab my hand, dragging us farther from the house. I wiped my
tears with my free hand. I didn't dare do anything.

There were a number of cars standing outside Alex's house. We walked past them and soon came to a halt when we reached two jeeps. I could see his entire gang sitting in there. John was there too. Everything made sense now. John must have told them about the party. That's how Max knew I was here.
There were a couple of girls in the car. I rather not go into details just that I'd prefer to die than do all this.

"Sit." He pushed me towards the car but I didnt budge. I wasn't going with him no matter what he did. I wasn't going to let him take me end of story.

"I said sit !"

I refused to move and make eye contact.

"Are you deaf ?" He roughly pushed me and my back hit the car. The metal felt cool against my back. I used my hands as a shield to stop him from coming any closer. Suprisingly he jerked backwards and fell on the ground. Magic ? Surely not. Someone had pulled him away from me and that someone was Adam.

I immediately ran to him.
"Thank you God. Thank you so much !!!" I cried in joy. I had lost all hopes of surviving today. He grabbed my hand pulled me behind him.
"I'm going to kill him today." He said with a certain calmness. His voice sent shivers across my spine. I put my hands on his face trying to turn his head toward mine.

"Let's get out of here Adam. Please ! I don't want to be here a second longer." But he wasn't looking at me. His eyes were stuck on Max who was slowly trying to get up from the ground.

"Move away." He pushed me and walked towards Max. I tried to grab his hand in vain.

The last thing I wanted was Adam to pick up a fight with Max. I shuddered as I remembered their last encounter.

"I told you to stay away from her didn't I ? But seems like you don't understand things the simple way." He walked up to Max and grabbed his shirt with both hands.

"No Adam stop !" I ran up to him trying to grab his shoulder but he shrugged my hand off.

"Stay away Holly." He said and then punched Max right across his face. Max tripped back and fell down.

Adam picked up Max from where he had fallen. Max had already resigned. He was hardly in his senses with so much alcohol. All of a sudden, his friends came out of the car. Oh god. What should I do ? How should I put an end to this fight ? What if someone got killed ? It would be best for us to flee from there. It was five against two of us and I was hardly a help.

Despite my indefinite protests Adam just wasn't stopping. He continued to beat up Max. I could see his friends approaching us and my heart began to sink.

"Stop it Adam. Stop !" I screamed. But he wasn't listening to me. Max was half dead and now his gang began to attack Adam. I fell down to the ground. There was no use. What was I to do ?