In the name of love

A/N - This chapter is dedicated to @Brainchild_Athena and @Sweet_Coco2802 for recommending In the name of love by Martin Garrix ft Bebe Rexha. That totally suited the brief!!! Especially when I heard the line 'would you trust me when you're jumping from the heights' I was like damn this happened in my book!

For all those people who recommended songs to me do read the author's note in the end! I know you people skip the one in the beginning cause you want to go on with the chapter. Here is the early update I promised.

Adam's POV

"We are still not sure since there is still alcohol in her system and the test reports are yet to come out. We don't want to make any assumptions but I feel..."

Mindy and I looked at each other. Her face immediately lit up.

"Oh my god! She's pregnant right?" Mindy squealed.

"What?" I choked on my spit.

" Well you two did it so I thought..." She looked at me weirdly.

"So what? That doesn't mean she's pregnant!" I yelled.

"Did you use protection?"

"Did you seriously ask me that? It's non of it business!"

The doctor cleared her throat but Mindy didn't look like she'll shut up. Her face looked euphoric.

"I hope you don't leave her after knowing that she's pregnant." She said.

"Are you crazy? Why would I leave her? I'll stay with her through all of this. You don't know how much I love her. "

"Hmm you better be speaking the truth. I'm the aunt remember? You don't want to mess with me."

"Aunt? We don't even know if she's pregnant!" I ran my hands through my hair.

"Oh I hope it's a cute baby boy."

"Are you fucking kidding me? We don't even know... And shut up it will be a girl."

"A boy! I'll plan the baby shower with Jenn and you will not be invited!"

"Excuse me? I'm the dad, why wouldn't I be invited?"

"Because I'm the aunt and I'm saying so and how do you know you're the dad? Holly went on a few dates after you guys broke up."

"What do you mean? That she banged every guy she went out with?"

"That's not what I meant! All this while you were banging girls. Poor pregnant Holly was coping all alone with the baby and school! You're such a jerk!"

"How was I supposed to know that she's pregnant? You guys were with her all the time couldn't you make sure..."

"Excuse me you two!" The doctor raised her voice but she looked really amused with our talks. "I'm sorry to disappoint you but she's not pregnant!"

"Oops." Mindy snickered.

I almost stopped myself from strangling her. She had given me such a heart attack! Just get me a stretcher someone, I think I'm going to faint.

"I was trying all this while to say she isn't but you guys were too busy planning the baby shower and discussing the sex of the baby." The doctor laughed.

"I'm terribly sorry." I looked down rubbing the back of my neck. I felt my cheeks burn up in embarrassment. 'It will be a girl.' Seriously? I didn't even know till now that I wanted a girl.

"Guess it was a false alarm." Mindy giggled.

"False alarm? You mad woman, I almost hyperventilated to death!"