One call away (part 1)

Holly's POV

I was determined to talk to Adam during our after school practice today. Every time I accused him, he did something so unpredictable, that it made my heart thump way faster than it should. When the final bell rang, I ran to the ground. It was the first time that I was unusually early for practice ! After waiting for what seemed like forever, Adam came along with his friends, his guitar strung over his shoulder. He stopped when he reached me.

"Holly you don't have to stay for practice today." He said gruffly.

"But why ???"

"Because I'm saying so !"

I was determined not to get affected by how rude he was.
"OK, but can I just watch you practice ? After all I am a part of this fest to ! "

"No"

"Hey but I ..."

"I said no, now get out !"
Why was he so snappy all the time ? I know that I misunderstood his intentions today but still, why was everything so complicated with him? But I wasn't going to complicate it further. I'll sort it out.

"Well I'm staying to watch you practice, no matter what you say !" I smiled. The time the goody two shoes smile, flashing my dimples. The one that says pretty please, with a cherry on the top. He stared at me. His face still expressionless.

"Do as you please..."
Yes!!!! He agreed.
"Just don't bother us with your dumb fuck remarks !"

"Won't !"
He rolled his eyes and walked away. I plopped down on the ground, crossing my legs, with my bag on my lap. He was talking to Evans and Kevin. I couldn't hear a word of what he was saying.

They started with their song animals by Maroon 5. Ughhhh how I wish I could just leave but I also didn't want to. Doesn't that happen when you're caught in an ugly middle position ? Well Adam's voice was beautiful, the soulful kind.( If you hear it without the head splitting background music.)

I wrapped my hands around my knees and rested my head on them. Only if I could hear him sing... Not scream ! With that kind of noise they could awaken the dead as well. They'd get full marks if it was a screaming competition not a singing competition. And being a responsible and the smartest member of this group, it was my moral duty to share with them my views ! Humf !

"Can I say something ?" I screamed. Neither of them stopped, all gave me dirty looks and ignored me.
Once the song was over. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"I want to ask you guys something !!!"

"Just listen to her otherwise she'll drive us crazy" Kevin told Adam.

"What ?" Adam barked.

"Why do you always sing such mean songs ? Like 'baby I'm preying on you tonight' and stuff ? Haven't you heard some songs that are not so evil and disrespectful ?" I asked.

"What's your problem princess ? Can't you keep your tiny mouth shut ? Why don't you go play hide and seek with your imaginary little elves and fairies if you have a problem with these songs ?" Kevin said harshly. Adam and Evans burst into laughter. I ignored that. Kevin had an IQ of a wooden stool to not know that fairies and elves don't exist in real life. Playing hide and seek with them is another story... ! I resisted the urge to not say that out loud.

"By the way have you heard One Direction songs ? They are very nice and lovable. The songs I mean. The guys are just adorable though. They sing about love and all the cute and happy things. They never talk about hunting girls down and eating them alive ! You know my favorite one is Niall. He is..."