Putting my defences up

A/N- Thank you guys so bloody much for 1K+ views and 100+ votes on 7/2/16. You do not know how much this means to me. Love you loadssss. Keep showing me your love :)

Holly's POV

"What do you want-Holly!? What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" asked Evans. I was grateful that he had opened the door. If it would have been Kevin then...

"I umm."

"Who's it Evans?" I heard Adam's voice. Immediately my heart started pounding even harder. 

'I'll probably just leave." I started to run away leaving a puzzled looking Evans staring at me.

"Where do you think you're going?" I felt someone grab my wrist, pulling me back to the door. Adam...

"Holly?!" He looked so shocked that I let out a giggle. "What's so funny?" he asked. I just couldn't stop laughing. Nervous laughter, one of my biggest enemies. 

I might have hit the wrong nerve because he looked really mad. "You think ringing someone's doorbell and running away is funny?"

"No, I wasn't running away."

Adam looked up to Mindy's window. They quickly ducked down.

"So you and your little friends made a plan I suppose. Well, I'll show you what's funny" With that, he pulled me towards his house.

"No!" I struggled to pull my wrist out of his grasp. "Let me go, please. What are you doing!?"

"Oh my God Holly!" I heard Jenn yell from the window.

"Let her go this instant Adam, or I'm calling the cops," Mindy shouted.

"She'll see you guys tomorrow morning. She's spending the night with us. Oh and if you want to see her alive tomorrow, I'd suggest you don't call the cops," He winked and with that, he pulled me inside and slammed the door.

***
"What have we done?" Jenn put her head in her hands.

"You ass, it was all your fault!" Mindy threw a pillow at Jenn.

"Ow."

"You're lucky I'm not throwing this wine bottle on your head."

"I think we should go there."

"No second thoughts, let's go."

***
I tried pushing him away but his grip on my hand was way too strong. I could see the nerves rising up on his arms. He threw me on the couch in the living room.

"Let's see how funny your friends find this."

"Please let me go," I stammered. Adam was smirking. Well, that was an absolute 180 degrees flip in Adam's attitude from the afternoon. I tried to act like I wasn't scared.  But it was like all of Alicia's back story was clouding my mind. And with Kevin eyeing me like that...

"Adam what is your problem what have I done to you?" I finally mustered up the courage to ask. 

"She is actually asking that, after what she did yesterday?" Kevin said. Why was he so mean all the time?

"But I'm sorry for that. I told you, didn't I Adam.?

"Sorry? Was that a joke to you?" Kevin asked sarcastically.