Let it go

Holly's POV

"She what?!"

"She slapped Adam."

"I knew it. You were love, at first sight, Holly," said Alex between tears. 

"I don't know, I didn't mean to-I mean-it just happened," I said, resting my head in my hands. 

Jenn and Mindy had rushed behind me when they saw me running away from the crowd. While running towards school,  I had bumped into Alex. Mindy had narrated the whole incident as we walked towards our classes. Alex could just not stop laughing.   

"And I thought I was the brave one amongst us. Holly, you took me by surprise."

"You were never the brave one Alex, just the severely delusional one. I don't call this bravery Holly, why did you slap him?"

"I'm sorry Holly, I got to agree, you took it too far," said Mindy sympathetically.

"He let my hair loose, and then my mind just stopped functioning."

"Let your hair loose! Holly, your hair? That's a really good reason to go about slapping people," Jenn said dramatically. At this point, I wasn't sure if she was my friend or Adam's. 

"I... I always keep it tied and there's a reason."

"Ooh, I smell a back story." 

"Yeah, tell us why you do that freak," Alex said.

"I suggest we should skip class. Let's bunk school today what say?" Mindy said.

"No no no, I've never done that. Let's go back to class."

"Yes sure Holly, if you want people to stare at you like an animal in the zoo. Because after what you did, I'm sure you will be the hot topic of discussion today."

"No one in the history of Xavier's has ever thought of arguing with Adam and you just slapped him, Holly! I don't want to say this but you are in trouble." 

"I've heard this line at least half a dozen times since my first day. Thanks a lot, I can totally count on you for making me feel better."

"Okay that's enough. It's decided, let's go to my place since it's near school and then we can go down to Starbucks to discuss what we can do about this situation." 

"But Alex ..."

"Not a word Holly, I'm hearing nothing," and with that Alex pulled me and we left school.

As I sat there clutching on to my Starbucks cup with both hands, Alex, Mindy, and Jenn stared down at me waiting for me to begin.

"Waiting for you to begin Holls," Mindy said seriously.

"So my hair-"

"Has magical powers like Rapunzel?"

"No it-"

"Or was your hair so dirty that you didn't want him to touch it?"

"Guys please hold your horses, let me speak," I protested.

"Go on," they said together.

"Phew fine, so I was in middle school-"

"Everyone was in middle school one day Holly,  no one goes directly to high school when they are born-"

"Okay now you're just being straight up annoying Alex", Jenn smacked him

"Sorry Holly go on."

"Yes, so I was in middle school and there were times while walking home, I would often feel like someone was walking behind me..."