But you can't stay away from me

"Holly, I'm so mad at you right now."

"For the thousandth time, I'm sorry Jenn. I've never been asked out like that so I didn't know how to react."

"Shut up seriously you two. I think what you did back there was absolutely right. That Adam guy seems a little bit slimy to me," Mindy spoke in my defense.

"I give up." Jenn raised her hands up in protest.

We sat on the floor of Mindy's bedroom with a pile of cushions surrounding us. Her room was really warm and cozy with a ridiculous amount of tapestries around. 

"Do you have something to drink?"

"Ya tea, you want some?"

Jenn smacked Mindy. "Do you think I drink tea? Is there some wine or beer or something of that sort." Jenn shimmied her shoulders creepily. 

"Go fetch some wine, it is in the kitchen in the lower cabinet, you pig. But if my mom find out-"

"I'll get the goods," Jenn said running out of the room. I was surprised to see Jenn like this. I had a slightly different perception of her. Not that I was judging or anything. 

"Does she always behave like this?" I asked Mindy.

"Mostly yes."

"Oh."

"Holly, I want to talk to you."

"Don't ever start a conversation like that, I feel intimidated." I joked. I thought she'd laugh but she didn't.

"Listen Holly, I know it's practically impossible to be not attracted to a guy like Adam but I'm not getting a good feeling about this."

"Chill Mindy. I don't like him one ounce, so yup no worries." I sat there hugging my knees pretending to be innocent.  It's not that I liked him, but it's not like he wasn't a hot piece of cookie walking around the campus. I was not necessarily attracted to such guys, but after today when he apologized he looked so innocent and his smile...

"You just spaced out thining about him, didn't you? "

Insert awkward pause. 

"I'm saying this for your own good. I don't want to scare you but I'll share something with you. It's something you kept asking so I'll finally tell you. The reason why everyone is scared of Adam is-"

"I already have a feeling, I don't want to hear it"

"I'm not asking you."

"Okay." I gulped.

"Two years back..."

"Wait wait wait... I'm feeling scared."

"HOLLY!"

"Go on."

"Two years back, there was this girl called Alicia Brown in our school..."

"Where is she now?"

"Chronology Holly." 

"Okay."

 "So this girl Alicia, she was hot as hell and had the entire school lapping at her feet. She was so hot I'd say even girls were interested in her." She cleared her throat. 

"Were you?"

"That's besides the point," she snapped. "Next thing we know Adam's got his eyes on her. He knew he wanted her and as for Alicia she didn't give a shit. She'd just go out with anyone with a sausage-"

"Sausage?" I let out a laugh.

"It won't be funny when you hear further. They had a great time I'm pretty sure. There were even rumors that she was common to The Divergent..."