One call away (part3)

Holly's POV

Before I could react Max grabbed Adam and stabbed him. The color wore off my face and I froze at the spot. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't wake up from the nightmare that was unfolding around me. An amused voice snapped me out of my daze.

"Don't worry Holly, you're boyfriend will survive." Max laughed. He turned around and began to leave, holding the bloody knife in his hand. My eyes were still bore into his back, scared that he will turn around once again. I dare not even blink, as I traced each and every move of his. I saw his figure grow distant and finally a cluster of trees prevented me from tracing his movements further.

I immediately ran to Adam, falling on to my knees. I pulled up his T-shirt, only to gasp at the wound. Blood was flowing continuously and his shirt was completely stained now. I held back a sob, as I felt a lump forming at the back of my throat. I was never the strong one when it comes to blood and wounds. Just the sight was enough to make me go weak in my knees in horror. I could feel myself ready to burst into tears any moment.

Adam was looking at me, his face etched with pain and worry. 
"Hey Holly, I'm OK please calm down." I could hear he was in pain. He was putting in great effort to speak each word. Such an idiot... It was him who needed the comforting, not me ! My eyes were still fixated on the wound. Max had not stabbed him in the stomach, it was on the side of his stomach. So probably it wasn't going be that critical.

Adam pulled my hand off his shirt and lay back on the ground, shutting his eyes. I could see how hard he was trying to look calm but his breathing was ragged. Panic began to settle in me. What should I do ? How should I help him ? I felt so useless.

"Holly...My cell-phone.. Call Evans." He murmured.

"Yes I'm sorry !" I quickly leaned over him, trying to search his pocket for the phone. I immediately pulled it. How could I be so dumb ? Sitting there and staring at space. My hands were shaking, as I tried to punch in Evan's name. After a great many efforts the phone rang and then the call went into voicemail. I swore under my breath. Could anything go right today ? I wiped my tears trying to stay calm, but seeing Adam like this was making me lose my wits. I furiously punched in his number again. After what seemed like half a dozen rings to me, he picked up.

"Ya bro, wassup ??"

"Evans... It's me Holly." I stuttered.

"Ughh Holly ? Is everything alright ? Why are you calling from Adam's...?"

"Please come Evans, Adam.. he is hurt. Max and his ... Please just come !" I managed to say, before I broke into sobs.

"But where the fuck do I come Holly ?" Evans sounded frantic.

"I don't know... !" I cried as I crawled towards Adam. "Where are we Adam?" I shook him gently.

"Just tell him... Its where Alicia was .." Before he could complete, I got up.

"Hello Evans ? It's where Alicia..."

"Got you ! I'm coming. Stay put." He said as the line went dead. I sighed, as the phone dropped from my hand.

I slowly walked towards Adam and sat down beside him. He had managed to push himself up using the palm of his hands. But he struggled to get up fully.
"I need the support of something Holly. If you could just pull me up to that tree..." I quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him up with all my force. He sat on his knees and we crawled towards a nearby tree. He rested his back on it.

"That's better." he sighed. The strain showed on his face. He was so brave. I smiled at him through my tears. But this wasn't over yet. I would not let Max get away with this.