We keep quiet cause we're dead if they knew

Adam's POV

As much as I wanted her this second, she deserved to know something. The bet was long gone in my mind. It didn't matter if I won or lost it. Twenty grand was nothing compared to what I felt for her. Tomorrow was the final day of the bet and before anything the priority for me was to tell Holly the truth.

I cared for her like I've never cared for anyone before. She mattered to me the most in the world. More than that bet for sure. So I had no energy left to lie to her and to myself. I was going to tell her that I love her but also tell her that it all began from a bet.

"I have to tell you something." I said. My heart was beating a hundred miles per hour. I did not want to imagine how bad her reaction would be. She might be so hurt that she wouldn't want to talk to me for the rest of my life.

"I can't go on like this. You deserve to know this. I don't want you to be finding this out later." I said.

What if I lost her ? Lost her forever ?

"I have to tell you something too." She looked away nervously.

"Holly... The day you slapped me...I err made a bet..."

"I'm a virgin." She shut her eyes tight.

"What ?" I said out loud. I never thought she would be a virgin.

"I'm sorry if you don't want to continue it's okay." She said.

"No you're taking it the wrong way ! I didn't mean it like that Holly. I just can't believe it." I put my hand on her face. She looked hurt. "I thought that.. You must have had boyfriends. I'm not saying anything but..."

"No I haven't dated anyone till now." She looked away, still not facing me.

"Are you serious ?" I said. "I mean how come ? It's not possible."

She shrugged. I think I was making her feel worse.

"But you're so beautiful Holly." I said. She instantly looked at me her eyes widening.

"Well you're the first one to say that." She said. I actually couldn't believe it. Had she never been told that she was beautiful ?

That means that the day when I had kissed her was her first kiss. And I had so rudely walked out on her. I felt like kicking myself for doing that to her.

"So it doesn't matter to you ?"

"Off course not are you crazy ? That's what you wanted to tell me ? Why did you think it would matter to me ?"

"I don't know. I just felt..."

"It's probably because of my behavior or my habits or whatever. Those things are not real. But you..." I cupped her face.
"You.." This was it. I had never said this to anyone.
"Holly I love you."

"What ?" She sat up on the bed.

" I said I love you and it's okay if you don't feel the same..."

She immediately swung her arms around me and hugged me.

"You still haven't answered me yet ! I said I love you. Do you ?" I pulled her away from me. I was not exactly doubtful but I wanted to hear it from her.

"Let me think. Hmm." She sat there pretending to think.

"What's taking you so long ?"

"I'm still thinking."

"Let me speed up the process. I know a way by which you'll speak up faster." I pushed her down on the bed and pinned her arms above her head.

"Have you finished thinking or no ?" I leaned in closer and began kissing her neck.