Here's my number, so call me maybe?

A/N -
This chapter is dedicated to AnkitaSubudhi You're a great friend love u

Holly's POV

I couldn't believe that I had done it again. Landed myself into trouble again. I felt like kicking myself. But why was Adam so snappy all the time? I understand that what I did was stupid, but I couldn't foresee that a random guy on the street would turn out to be Adam's biggest enemy! 

And what did it matter to him if I was alive or dead? Did he even care for me? I mean the way he hugged me back there. It can't just be me who felt the intensity of that hug. No shut up Holly. You're just tired and brain dead. But the concern in his eyes? Maybe he did like me, just a teeny-tiny bit, I think?

But whatever it was, that doesn't mean that I would listen to him all the time! He couldn't have his way always. I wasn't going to go and act all lovey-dovey with that creep of a fellow Max. Even if that cost me my life! Maybe just maybe, Adam was scared and overreacting about the entire situation. That Max guy wouldn't actually want to kill me, would he?

I turned around to see if Adam was coming behind me, but he wasn't. He was going the other way. He can go to hell. I'll handle the situation. I'll just tell that creep, that I was lying, about Adam and me being together. It's simple and sorted. 

The school finally ended. I didn't attend any of the classes. I was just too scared that people would ask me all sorts of things. I didn't even want to talk to my friends. I just wanted to go home. Oh crap, I had practice today!

But as far as my last conversation on the band with Adam, he was going to talk to principal Johnson to exclude me from the competition. Great, I hope I get excluded. I really didn't want to participate.

"Hey, there little Holly!" Ew, where had this one come from? I know I'm little, but not that little, that he would address me as 'little Holly'!

"Kevin...hi."

"Why are you alone?"

I immediately took a step back.

"Please don't jump on me!"

"What?! You wish Holly, you wish. I was asking you why are you standing here alone, you're supposed to come for practice remember?"

"But, I'm going home."

"How very irresponsible. Did not expect this from little Holly."

"Kevin, first stop calling me that and second Adam told me that I wasn't a part of the fest."

"Of course you are!"

"But he said-"

"Come on Holly, you're stalling us. Let's start practice," Adam walked casually towards me his hands in his pockets. 

What had happened to him, why was he looking so cute all of a sudden? He looked pretty okay in the morning. Okay for an extremely good looking guy that is. His brown hair blew in the wind as he crossed the school ground. It reminded me of the first time I saw him. He stopped right in front of me, crossing his arms. God, I hate when he does that. Not like that intimidates me, or anything. In the bright sunlight, I saw what a perfect shade of hazelnut his eyes were. I could make out every speck of the brown and green in his eyes. And his-

"Tell me when you're done staring."

Shoot, I realized I had been staring at him for a while now. I quickly looked away acting casual.