I knew you were trouble when you walked in

*unedited*

Adam's POV

I could feel someone's eyes on me. I've always had a sixth sense. Especially surviving the way I had to. If I didn't sense people's presence, I would be dead in a ditch somewhere by now. 

I looked across the field. There she was. I pulled away from the distraction before me. I locked eyes with her across the field as I felt myself walking towards her. Her eyes, they seemed so welcoming, a bit too much for her own good. 

Before I knew it, she was in front of me. The boys joined me shortly and suddenly Kevin shook me.

"Earth to Adam are you alive?"

I gave him one of my stares. When I turned back, she had started to walk away. No, I didn't want her to go.

"Leaving baby doll." I barked out. 

She turned around and looked at me with a deadpan expression. I would kill to know what she was thinking. 

"Yes I am, do you want something?" she asked innocently. I have to give it to her choice of words, sending a guy's imagination into a frenzy. 'Want something', she definitely didn't want to hear the answer to that. 

"What I want? Hmm, don't even get me started princess," I trailed my eyes from her face to her whole body. Although she was a bit too covered up for my liking, she left a lot for imagination and my imagination ran wild.

"Are you checking me out, pervert?" she yelled, snapping me back into reality. I could see another girl beside her tugging her hand and telling her to be quiet.

'Checking out' that's it. I burst out laughing and so did Kevin and Evans. God, she amused me. 

"Babe we don't check out, we eye rape," Kevin said. Her eyes widened at that.

"Okay that's enough, let's go." I looked up to see that Blondie boy speak up pulling her hand. That I did not like. 

I walked towards her and grabbed her free hand. 

"I think she can decide for herself," I said yanking her away from his grip. 

"You need to stay away from her."

"And who the fuck are you to tell me to stay away from her?" His comment made me wild with rage. Meanwhile, I still had my grasp on Holly's wrist, she was looking around like a dear caught in headlights. 

"I said leave her!" 

"Okay, that was your last chance," I said before eyeing Kevin and Evan. That was enough of a signal. I needed to get rid of this annoying little boy. 

Shortly after that blond boy was on the ground. There was some beating, some blood, I was too busy to notice because of the lovely company I had in my arms. 

"Please tell them to stop, please leave Holly!" the other girl started screaming like her hair was on fire.

"Holly," I muttered. So that was her name.

"Please leave me," Holly looked up at my face before suddenly launching into attack mode hitting me with her puny little hands. She tried to push my chest away but I was too strong for her. I slid my hands around her thin waist. She gasped in shock and her eyes widened looking at me. For a second I was taken struck by the expression in her eyes, her little dimples that emerged as she tried to put in effort to push me away.

"How dare you touch me without my permission? Take your filthy hands off me creep," she said before listening in to that blond boy whining on the ground.

"Alex! No please leave him!"She started hitting me harder. As for me, I was just enjoying the fun.

When she understood that she was no match for me, she started crying her head rested on my chest. She looked at the blondie being beaten up and then shut her eyes. Her head turned toward me.

"Please... Please leave him." Her eyes glistened with fresh tears as she looked at me as if I was her last hope in the world. My mind stopped for a split second, was it guilt that I was feeling? It was as if someone had held me and shook me hard. I felt like an idiot because of what I did next. What I said next was not in my control, I just had to do it.

"That's enough. Let him go."

Kevin and Evan turned back towards me stunned. Usually, I never told them to stop. At least not until the person got what they deserved. And that Blondie had just got a few punches in the face and was already wailing like a little baby.

I felt Holly stiffen up in my arms. It was as if she herself was taken aback at my decision. I could feel her eyes at my face, waiting for me to turn things around again. But I released her from my grip avoiding any eye contact. That girl had already created a lot of problems for me. I couldn't believe what I had done.

I gave one last look to the Blondie. By now I think he had got my message, to never come in my way again. I turned around and started walking. I could feel Holly's eyes burning a hole in my back. Kevin and Evan soon caught up with me. They were about to say something.

"Not a word guys, not a word till we get out of here." They seemed to understand. 

I could feel my heart racing, and I clenched my fist. The anger that I had suppressed was slowly creeping back at me. I wanted to kick myself, why had I gone all weak with her?

I turned around to see her a small crowd around Alex. Oh come on, he had not come back from a war, what was the big deal? But my anger only grew when I saw Holly crouch down on the ground hugging Alex. How dare she do that? I had unnecessarily raised her sympathy for that coward.

"Holly," I called out to her. 

She looked up to me her eyes burning with disgust and fury. There it was, the look I had so lovingly missed. Amusing, how a second ago she was begging me to let her go.

"See you soon," I smirked and walked away.

So how was it guys I hope it didn't get too intense or crazy? Lots of ideas running wild in my head. Guess my imagination runs wild too ;)
The story is just warming up. Lots still under wraps. 

How did you like Adam?

Thnxxx for reading
Much love
Ananya