Chapter 5: Orb of Light

Surprise. ;)

Please vote/comment if you enjoy! :)

~ I linger in the doorway of alarm clock screaming. ~Monsters calling my name. ~Let me stay where the wind will whisper to me. Where the raindrops, as they're falling, tell a story.

************************************************************************************************************

By the time I had reached the bottom stairs of the green-eyed man's four- story mansion, I felt like taking a bath in ice cubes, I was so out of breath. You know, because getting out of breath walking down the stairs is suppose to do that to a person.

It had taken me a while to get the guts to even leave the bedroom. Don't get me wrong, the green-eyed boy--man who had taken me into his home wasn't exactly the ugliest person I had met. In fact, what unnerved me about Dimitri was the vibe he gave me whenever he had been around. The first thing I noticed was how piercing his eyes were. Originally. I had thought they were only a single shade of emerald, but at closer glance, they were in fact multiple assortments of greens. Not only were they a strange color, they were entrancing to look at. I felt a pull towards him whenever I met thos eyes, and that honestly terrified me. I was never one to pant over a boy, even if I had a massive crush on him. Usually I was the one who was doing all the magnetic attraction.

Avoiding his eyes wasn't an option either, because again, the pull they gave out was stronger than gravity. Not to mention, it almost mentally pained me to stare at his feet as his velvety, deep voice spoke out.

Even his voice was beautiful.

I came to a realization. If Dimitri was this 'Vampire' as he had confessed, did that mean he was suppose to have that effect on me? Was that pull I felt simply unintentional on his part, or was he purposely putting this little 'vibe' he gave off onto me? But then again, those intense eyes would make anyone squirm, and seemed to be another physical trait to his cat-like exterior, with the sharp angles of his jaw, his widely muscular, yet lean body, and the tousles of black hair that scattered freely along his head like a Lion with a trim on his mane. The way he walked was noticeable too, and was different from any boy I had met because it was almost as if he was gliding--stalking even.

The strange conclusions that had derived from this 'Vampire' had indeed been fully, and curiously supernatural.

It was settled. I was officially in the house real life Vampire that I had already pissed off.

"Where the hell am I," I muttered under my breath, as I tried to remember were the kitchen was in the giant mansion I had been held captive. I stood in the middle of the corridor, trying to decide which large archway lead to the refrigerator.

Which one lead to him.

I was about to make up my mind, with a faint whistling began to fill my ears, flowing from the archway on my far right. It wasn't a tune I had recognized, but the deep layers of the whistle sounded familiar. I turned towards it, head tilted a little, and began to follow the whistling with narrowed eyes.

"Hello?" I asked, as I followed the whistling down a narrowed hallway, which had strangely been lit by only a few dimmed, pristine stain-glassed lights that hung from the ceiling.

No answer followed my call.

"Um, hello?" I repeated louder, biting my lip at the nasty tone I had accidently layered onto the words.

My heart began to flutter in my chest as the whistling ceased, and a soft chuckle echoed the dark hallway in front of me. I followed the darkness with my heart in my throat and jumped when a the lights grew brighter. The hallway in front of me ended at a wooden door, which creaked as it slowly opened to a crack.