Chapter 45: Broken For Good

Comment/Vote :)

~You've gone away. You don't feel me...here anymore. ~There's so much left to learn and no one left to fight. Cause I'm broken, when I'm open I don't feel like I'm strong enough. ~ You've gone away.

*******************************************************************************************************

I tore the blankets off of me, and hopped off the bed.

Turning the lamp on, I ran to the mirror and moved my sweaty hair off my forehead. I stared at my dim reflection, seeing dark golden eyes and dark brown curls. “That had too of been a dream!” I told myself, fixing my shirt. “That’s all it was. It was just a really bad dream, probably because I had a fever!” I laughed it off, and pushed my sweat drenched hair back into a ponytail.

There’s no need to get worried or think I’m going to die. Everything’s fine. I sprayed some watermelon mist onto me, and smelled my skin. That’s not going to do anything; I need to take a shower.

I took a deep breath and walked into my bathroom and locked the door. I turned the water on hot and stripped as quickly as I could. I really don’t feel safe in this small room. Quickly scrubbing my body and my hair clean, I made sure to shave my legs and let the hot water drench my skin. I found myself liking the pain the hot water gave me.

How could I have imagined that whole nightmare? It was so planned out, it had to of been real. Maybe she really did die, and I really am the reincarnation of her.

I started to cry, and leaned back in the shower wall. All of the emotions she felt when she was with him, I could feel. All of the emotions he felt when she died, I could see. It had to of been real! Wiping my eyes frantically I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I hurried to my drawers, throwing clothes around the room and finally finding a bra and underwear. I shoved them on, and then put a night shirt and shorts on. I quickly combed through my hair, letting the tears fall down my face.

I can’t be here anymore.

My eyes shot to the balcony door, and I ran to it and pulled it open. The freezing cold air hit me, and I instantly got the worst goose bumps. Wet hair plus cold hair equels Cassie is freezing. Nervously looking behind me, I closed the door gently and stepped out into the night. I turned my neck to the thick fine to the right, and put my hand on it. I pulled at it; too see it is still strong.

Don’t look down, you can do this. I stepped onto the concrete wall, and grabbed onto the vine. I  sat there for a while, feeling my limbs and skin slowly go numb, and turn purple.  Right when I was about to put my foot off the wall, a bird flew out of it and I screamed and fell forward.

I instantly latched onto the vine, my legs swinging freely. My head automatically tore to the ground. Ok this is the second time I’ve gotten myself extremely high off the ground and dangling from something sketchy. Slowly I climbed down the vine, hearing little tears, and breaks in it. My teeth are chattering like crazy now, and my legs feel like they are going to fall off. I shut my eyes tightly, and prepared myself to fall.

Let’s just get this over with.

I let go, only to stay in mid air. I cringed my head up, to see Valentine grabbing my wrist. “Seriously again?” he growled, and lifted me up easily onto the wall. I sat there looking up at him, and trying not to think about the dream. I went to grab the vine again, and he slapped my hand away.

“No stop,” I went to grab it again, and he grabbed my hands.

“What the hell is wrong with you? I come in to check on you and your out hear jumping off the damn wall?”