Chapter 50: Thanksgiving Date

I know, I know. I uploaded TWO chapters today, as I did with Death Is My BFF(DIMBFF) yesterday.

Please vote/comment if you like!

********************************************************************************************************

I cried myself to sleep last night. It makes me feel like one of those girls on TV who's boyfriend dumps her, and then leaves her on the street. But of course, I never even had a relationship to begin with, technically Valentine isn't a boy; he's a Vampire,  and my story would get so many more views.

What were we talking about?

I got up really late the next day, and dressed into the brown shirt and holey jeans. I whipped my swollen eyes, and then slipped on my sneakers. Groggily walking to the suitcase, I took out two fifty’s, and left the room.

“Have a good night?” the old man at the front desk asked.

“Sure,” I mumbled, and put the money on the counter. I pushed open the door, into the freezing cold air. But my mind is so distant that I can’t even feel it.

I put my hands in the pockets of my sweatshirt and once again walked the sidewalk. Nobody is on the streets today. I passed the coffee shop, the clothing store, and other places I haven’t visited. Finally I made it to the Antique shop and climbed the steps. The bells on the door rang as I pulled it open. “Hello?” I asked the large store.

Nobody answered me. I walked through the store once, and sighed deeply. Well, there goes my ride out of here—

“There’s a diner this Saturday for Thanksgiving. I can take you there if you want,” Dimitri said from behind me.

I whirled around, to see a green eyed man polishing something in his hands. “I don’t think that’s a good idea Dimitri.”

“Why not?” he questioned, and blew on the object in his hand.

“I’m mad at him.”

He snickered, “Don’t get mad, get even,” he quoted. “That’s what Valentine would do at least.”

“He’s already doing that,” I pointed out, letting all the images of the last few days fly around in my mind.

Dimitri frowned, “What a wimp.”

“What?” I asked angrily. “What a jerk is what you mean! He chased me down last night and made me fall on my face!” Well, my wrist. He’s so lucky it doesn’t hurt anymore.

“If you ask me, he’s just messing with you.”

I shook my head in disbelief, “Are you stupid?”

His face went blank, “I’m smarter than you,” he shot back, and placed the small object in his hand on the counter. It’s a pink glass elephant.

I stared at it, until something clicked in my head. I reached for it but he snatched it back. “That’s not yours, that is Anna's,” I growled.

“It’s mine now.”

“What else did you steal from her?”

He played with the elephant and held it up to the lights, “Nothing of your concern.”

“She is my concern,” I shot back, putting my hands on my hips. “I’ve known her my whole life. She’s the nicest person I-- “

“Blah, blah, blah,” he interrupted, moving his hand as if it’s talking. “If I wanted a soap opera I’d turn on the television.”