Chapter 44 : Bleeding Memories

WARNING: Get out the Kleenex because (hopefully) you're going to need it.  (Song to the right might help you get into it)

~Waiting here, hoping that I'll find what I've been chasing.~Why do I try? I know I'll fall down. 

~I don't want to hear the sound of losing what I never found.

*****************************************************************************************

The dress I am wearing is blowing everywhere, and is a deep red. I looked down at it, and brushed my hand against the fabric. It feels so real. The wind started to carress my skin, and the sun is beaming down on me. Beyond the tall grass is a huge Maple tree, that is over sixty feet in height. A sky appeared above me with huge puffy clouds, and the sun tore through the west at a quick pace, stopping moments before it set.

What is going on?

I continued walking through the field, until I heard laughter. I whirled in the direction, to see a couple by a huge maple tree. Their conversation began with odd words I didn’t understand. I walked closer to the tree, and their mumbling started to form modern English words. I can see now that the man is laying his head on the woman’s lap, and she is brushing her fingers through his curly hair and looking past the field. I stopped walking, realizing who the man is.

Valentine?

“Will you run away with me if need be?” His deep voice mumbled, and he tilted his head up at her.

She continued looking into the distance, “Of course my love, anything you wish.”

“Good...because I--I wanted to ask you a question, if I may,” he whispered a bit nervously, and reached up to stroke her cheek.

“Well no, I need to go Val, my Father will be worried—“

“I hear whispers about you, throughout the town,” he said quickly, playing with her hair now.

“I do not see why you are so anxious. There are always whispers in the town.”

A long moment silence passed, and the wind picked up. “Tell me that the rumors are not true, and I will not be anxious,” he blurted, and sat up abruptly.

“Vale—“

“So they are true then?” he questioned angrily.

She glanced at him, with a face of worry, “I did not get caught—“

“I told you not to interfere.” he interrupted, standing up.

She crossed her arms over her chest, and wiped a tear under her eye. “I understand but you—“

“Jane, we went over this over, and over again. You will not succeed!”

“Neither will you!” She snapped and stood up, “someone has to do something! Your poor Mother has to pretend to be in love, your sisters have to put up with his atrocious behavior. You have baby sisters who cannot defend themselves against that monster; you cannot just leave them all for me!”

He put his hand through his hair, and rubbed his face. “Please, don’t do this to me—“

“I think perhaps we are so different for a reason Valentine, I do often wonder if we belong. I--I have already planned what I am doing, and will give it my best.”