Chapter 10: Secrets Secrets They're No Fun

Hullerrr!! (Hello)

xoxoxoxoxo

********************************************

So even though I promised myself I wouldn’t, I fell asleep on the couch.

For like 4 hours.

Four hours! In a Vampires living room! I could have been eaten, and I would have been dreaming about…never mind. Oh crap. Where’s the phone? Something vibrated under my butt. Oops. I turned it off, and put it in my bra. Then I rubbed my eyes, still feeling exhausted.

No sun streamed through the windows now. Seems like the sun looks like it put big, black blanket over itself, and the Moon took its place. I got up from the couch, and fixed my sweatpants. My body feels so achy….oh right, I was hanging from furry handcuffs not to long ago. I leaned back, getting tightness in my back. Turning to the right, then left, I cracked my back, extremely loud.

“Oh sh*t.” I whispered to myself, grabbing my back, and slowly walking to the marble grand stair case. “I feel old.”

I looked up, looking for the light source. A giant, beautiful chandelier is dimmed and hanging from the tall ceiling. Putting my hand on the rail, I walked up huge stairs. After I got past 30 steps I started to get a little winded.

Stop eating those greasy Double Cheeseburgers you fatass.

But they are SO good!

But so bad…

I got to stop talking to myself it’s getting creepy.

The marble steps are really cold, because my feet are currently in no shoes or socks. Plus they are in serious need of a manicure, or for someone to scrub them for 6 hours. I rubbed my arms, to get warm. Sweatpants and a t-shirt aren’t really that warm. Finally when I got to the top I looked back and forth, between two hallways.

Wait a minute…. I was told to go to the right…

The right hallway looked lighted, and happy, while the left hallway looked dark, and scary. As if someone would pop out of nowhere and digest you…

I shrugged. I’ll go left.

I padded down the cold floors, counting the torches that passed by. When I got too 30 I turned around to the staircase, which wasn’t there. Oh boy.

“Are you looking for something Miss Heart?” A familiar fancy voice said from behind me. I jumped and turned around.

I squinted my eyes evilly at him.“You….”

He squinted back. “Me…Alfred. My name is Alfred, and I am the Fane Butler.”

“What the heck is a Fane?”

“The Fane’s are a ancient Vampire royal family. I expected you to know that, since you are in their house,” he looked my up and down, “How did you manage to get out of the slave cell, then clean up so quickly?”

“Whoa hold it Buddy, first of all, I’m always this clean. Second of all, Adrian put me in there in the first place, then I escaped, and he hasn’t said anything about it. So I’m good.”

He frowned. “Who is this Adrian you speak of?”

“He’s tall, has brown hair in his face, blue eyes, invasive, can read minds, nasty, obnoxious, pain in the-“

“-my dear you just described Master Valentine.” He started to laugh.

Continuing to chuckle, I talked over him. “WHAT?? THIS WHOLE TIME HIS NAME WAS VALENTINE! THAT LITTLE-”