Chapter 15: This Is Why I Prefer Squirt Guns

After the little crying fest me and Emilia had, I just wanted to be alone in my room. I told her I wanted to walk there myself, so she told me where to go. I walked out of the dining room, into a hallway. If I turned left, I would go to the kitchen. But my appetite isn’t really that strong at the moment.

Have I even eaten a legit meal since I've been here?

No, Oreos don't even have any nutrients...

I do feel a little lighter… I squeezed my stomach, as I faced the front door of the house.

How far would I make it if I tried?

I quietly walked over to the door, and put my hand on the handle, quickly turning to look at the grand staircase. This could be it, I could get back home! Or I could be killed...Maybe he’s busy feeding on someone! Or maybe he’s outside waiting for me to come out….. Maybe he’s writing a letter! Or maybe he’s hiding in the bushes outside, with a straw to stick in one of my arteries.... I shivered at that thought. He probably knows I’m here, with my hand on the doorknob.

I looked back up the stairs, and leaned against the door. The door clicked like someone was unlocking it, and it pushed me slightly.

Shoot! I ran behind the door as it opened.

A man dressed in all black stepped into the house, and took his dark sunglasses off. He’s wearing a black suit, like the guards in the limo. He walked in a few steps, and just stood there. My body was tightly pressed against the wall, and I held my breath.

He turned to face me, and looked me up and down. He has grey eyes, and a dark goatee. His features are all too big. His head is big, his nose is big, his neck is big, and his body is huge. Something told me I should be cringing against the wall as I am now. He pointed at me.Can you get a message to Prince Valentine?” He asked in a extremely deep scary voice.

I looked side to side thinking of an answer, shaking slightly. “Uh….uh-”

“Yes or no?” he asked in a loud voice.

“I guess I can,” I responded quietly.

“I will take that as a yes,” he came closer to me, and pulled out a gun, putting it to my forehead.

Areee you serious.

“You aren't Cassie Heart are you? What is your name?” He asked, pressing the gun harder to my forehead, and releasing his fangs from his mouth. His eyes were glowing, to a bright white.

My mouth popped open, and my eyes felt like they were going to fall out they were so wide. “N-n-n-o I’m Nat-a-alie Chang s-sir,” I stuttered nervously, as I usually do when I lie.

He smiled, keeping the gun where it was. “Tell the Prince he will meet with the King tomorrow evening, before diner. He will only stay for a short time. They need to discuss something very important about him returning to our Kingdom. Can you get that message to him darling?” He lifted chin up for a response, I stared cross-eyed at the gun to my forehead.

“I believe I can, sir,” I replied quickly. He lifted the gun off of my forehead, and I breathed a sigh of relief. He quickly put the gun back in the air, aimed to my forehead.

“Do not tell anyone but the Prince, or I will find you. Do I make myself clear?” He said, emphasizing every word.

I nodded my head again, feeling like a bobble head toy. He pulled away the gun again, and put it into his coat, giving me a funny look. “I’m glad I found one of his little toys, hopefully you will not turn out like the other ones the King found out about,” he said with a grin, and handing me the gun. “You might need this.” I clutched the gun in my hands, like it was acid.