Chapter 55: Hide and Seek: Valentine Style

^^ Thanks for the fan made vid! My favorite part is the gravestone quote, and when the guy is shirtless and has a popped collar and aviators XDD sooo Valentine.  :D >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

***********************************************************

I banged the back of my head against the cage wall over and over again.

I ate it all.

I ate all of the food on the plate. When I get anxious I tend to gorge down anything in sight. In this case a huge plate of Thanksgiving leftovers. It’s like I want him to enjoy killing me, at least before I taste bland and boring so he wouldn’t get as much joy in eating me. Now I’m going to taste like a buffet, in blood form! Hell, even I would eat me with the amount of deliciousness I just ate!

So here I am, banging my head against the cage wall; waiting to die. He could have just got it over with, and maybe shot me in the brain. But no, he has to play a game of freaking Hide and Seek. I swear, if his mother knew what he was doing! He would earn get a nice spank-a-roo I’ll tell you that!

The sound of the bolts unlocking from the door, stopped my train of thoughts. The handle jiggled as if someone is unlocking it. As the noises on the door stopped my breathing hitched, and my body stilled. “Crap,” I whispered. My eyes stayed glued to the doorknob, which is unmoving. After counting to thirty I breathed a sigh of relief, and leaned back in the small cage.

He’s gone.

The door suddenly slammed open, and a darkened figure entered the room, “Honey, I’m home!” a deep voice sang, after the door shut close. The lights dimmed, and his work boots made their way to my cage, “Maybe this is a bad time. You look a little…tied up,” he pointed out, and kicked the cage.

I focused on the cage floor, completely ignoring him.

My heartbeat flew like a bird, as his gloved hands reached top the top of the cage and quickly unlocked my hands. Some of the cold chains fell onto my head, and then into my lap. Valentine crouched down, and poked is gloved finger into the cage as if I am a puppy in a pets store. “It’s six-forty five Cassie; you have fifteen short minutes of freedom.”

Even in this cage I can feel his body heat, making me shiver even more, “You’re a little early I see. You must have missed me so much,” I shot back, with a smile.

The door of the cage swung open, and his dark face become lit by his narrowed, bright blue eyes. Valentine smiled slyly at my stare, “Out,” he barked.

“I’d feel safer in here, but thanks—“

He grabbed my heeled foot, and pulled. I gripped the bars of the cage and kicked out. My hands gripped the bars tighter, and he stood up to get better leverage, “Let go Cassie.”

Not good, he’s using my real name and not some stupid nickname.

“No,” I gasped out, starting to lose my grip

“Yes, or I’ll dislocate your arms.”

“Never!” The pull on my legs became stronger, and I cried out. I let go from the pain, and slid on the cage floor, bumped my head on the bars of the cage, and tore through the carpet. He dragged me into the middle of the room, and then put a huge foot on my chest.

“How are you? I hope you’re nice and energized for tonight.” I wiggled underneath his heavy foot, and scratched at his jeans.  He reached down, grabbed onto my wrist, and pulled me up on my feet quickly. His hands gripped my upper arms, and my back hit the wall with a thump, “You never were obedient,” he confessed.