Chapter 47: Stranded In Vampire Land

I can tell you right now I'm going to change this a billion times :) SO make sure to check a lot to see if I did HA. <3

********************************************************************************************************

I stopped in the middle of the path, for the billionth time.

“I…can’t…run,” I said between breaths.

Valentine continued jogging in place, not a hair out of place. Stupid Vampire! Well, he has a hat on so technically his hair isn’t even out. His face doesn’t look pale, or cold at all except for his nose. His nose is slightly pink. “You give up too easily it’s only been two miles,” he said easily, as if he hasn’t been running for the last thirty minutes.

Two miles! That’s it?

I put my hands on my knees, trying to control my breathing. “It’s too…much,” I complained, literally plopped on the ground. Lying back in the middle of the concrete pathway, I closed my eyes. “Just a little…rest…” I trailed, feeling myself fall asleep.

That’s when a giant ball of snow landed right on my face. I let out a yelp, and pawed at the coldness on my face. “Get up.”

“No, I’m too—“

“Get. Up. Now,” he demanded, now standing right over me. “Or I’ll grope that girl over there around your age,” he threatened, pointing at a Barbie girl sitting on the bench.

“What?” I asked angrily, on my elbows. “Why would you—“

“I’ll race you.” He started to sprint towards the girl, and I quickly got up. I followed him at a gallop, not understand what he is doing. Valentine stopped at the bench, and sat next to the blond girl and turned around at me. He leaned against the arm of the bench, crossed his arms over his chest, and dared me to come over.

You’re bluffing. I sent him.

 The beanie hat was ripped off from his head, and he fluffed his chestnut hair up. His body turned towards the girl, and she brought her head up like he said something. She started to laugh loudly, and put the cell phone in her hands away.

She’ll never let him sit….

He sat down next to her, and they started to chat like old friends. She leaned in, to whisper something, and I could see his cheek bones raise in a smile. My hands fisted together, this is the last straw.

I searched around the area, to see small stores along the street. Without even looking at him, I sprinted at full speed towards the closest one and stopped at the streets. Cars surprisingly whirled past me on the road, but I weaved in between them stepping onto the other side of the road. My hand felt the handle of the Antique store, and I pulled it open and hurried inside.

Why didn’t I think of this before? Now I can finally leave this place.

“Can I help you?” A man’s voice asked. I turned around; too meet a green gaze, and a beautiful face. For a second I didn’t recognize him with the shorter hair, but now I can see its Dimitri from the Halloween Party.

“Dimitri?” I asked, and his face lit up from his name.

“I remember you…” he trailed, thinking of my name. “Cassie,” he said slowly, as if savoring the word.

“I thought he might have killed you.” I turned towards the window; too see no sign of Valentine.

Where is he?

“Where’s who?” Dimtitri answered, and I realized I spoke out loud. He walked closer to me, and his eyes traveled up and down. “Valentine?”