Chapter 31: Poor Thing, I'll Take Care Of Her

It’s that time again.

It’s now or never. Well..not necissarily, I can hold the suspense.

I narrowed my eyes, held my cards to my face, and bit my nail. That is one big Jackpot. I stared at the poker chips, imagining myself throwing them in the air happily. I heard Alfred clear his throat, impatiently.

I put my cards down, and leaned back in my chair, crossing my hands in my lap,“I don’t know Alfredo; I’m going to have to think about this one.”

Alfredo, it's really just a classic nickname.

He’s sitting calmly in front of me, with those reflecting sunglasses on, the one with the fake eyeballs on the front. When he moves his head they open and close. He says they are his poker glasses. After laughing for about an hour, I agreed to play a game. Emilia, Camilia, and Genevieve each lost games to him, and were extremely disappointed. I said I would join their game,

“The stakes are high Miss Chang, I suggest folding,” he said, making a familiar face. A lazy smile started in the corner of his mouth.

A face a certain somebody would make. I certain somebody I am ignoring from now on. Valentine and I passed in the hallway earlier today, and I turned the other cheek. “Bastard,” I had mumbled. He chuckled, smacked me on the ass, and called me 'Chubby Wubby'.

I continued walking in the same direction, feeling heat lift to my cheeks. I  turned around angrily, ready to crush him. My comeback was quote: “Wow it’s funny how you concern yourself with my weight, when you should be going to the doctor. You know, to check that huge ego of yours checked out. Since it’s the biggest thing you have and all.” He whirled around, his sapphire eyes glowing angrily. I mimicked the grin he always gives me, and sashayed the other way. He left the house shortly afterwards, and hasn’t been back the whole day. So either he actually went to the doctor to get his ego checked out, or he got the message to leave me alone.

 The good news is, Miss C explained to me that I don’t have any lessons until Thursday, and today is Monday. That made my day a little bit better. The dress rehearsals she has are hell, I don’t even know half the people there, and Jerome always scolds me about something. Only some of the participants live in the guest rooms, but tend to stay in them the whole day, and be pampered.

  I pushed my cards in the middle of the coffee table angrily, and crossed my arms over my chest, “All in Alfredo, all in.”

The audience gasped, which is Genevieve, Emilia, and Camilia, since they have folded.

Alfred stayed in the same position, watching me. I stared at his poker sunglasses, narrowing my eyes. He put his cards face down on the table, “As am I Natalie.”

Right about then, I realized that Alfred knew my name wasn’t Natalie Chang. I frowned at him..

He flipped his cards over, “Straight Flush.”

I stared at the cards he flipped over. He has five cards, all of them are clubs, and they are cards five through nine. I pouted, and put my head down.

Alfred started to move the poker chip pile to his side of the coffee table, when I stopped him. I flipped over my cards, and smiled friendly, “Royal flush in your face!” I slapped the table, and put my hands up to the sky.

The audience jumped up and clapped. I danced around in a circle, and started doing my famous booty pop. “I win, I win, I win, I—“

 You lose, a deep voice growled in my mind. I stopped dancing, and searched around the room for the jerk.