Chapter 27: Breaking Bonds

Sup. Vote/comment :)

Basically I had a dream last night about this book....

THANK GOD I watch Supernatural. Jenson Ackles face was just PERFECT <3 lmao.

*****************************************************************************************************

“Natalie, everything’s going to be fine,” Emilia assured for the fifteenth time, pacing the pink carpeted floors once again, “he….he will be back soon. There’s nothing to worry about. The King is probably just…in need of a chat with him.”

I can tell she isn’t sure.

"Do you think they killed him?" I asked quietly.

She sat on the edge of my bed, and played with her nails, "I really don't know. I don't think the King would just kill him. If anything he would just make him suff--"

She stopped and turned to me.

“When is Camelia getting back?” I asked, sitting up on bed, and rubbing my swollen eyes.

“She should be back soon; our Mother isn’t too far away.”

“Where are we…anyways?”

She ignored the question, and continued picking at her lip, “Did he say exactly where he was going?”

“No, he just said something about the King, and that he was wanted man,” I replied, looking down at the pink sheets on the bed.

What if he never comes back?

“I can’t believe he avoided the King like that! Of course he would get—“ She looked up for the ground, as if she remembered something, “oh no,” she put her hand to her forehead.

“What?”

She looked at me and dropped her hand, “I wish I could tell you, I really do.”

“Don’t say that! Tell me, I’m tired of people keeping secrets from me.”

“I really…I can’t. He wouldn’t want me to,” she said, hoping on top of the dresser.

We sat there in silence, and I got a sting in my lower back. I clutched it, and it worsened.

“Um.. Emili—Ow!” I jumped from the bed,” t-the tattoo thing is hurting me.”

She hurried over and lifted my shirt up, “Ugh, not good Cassie.”

“What do you mean ‘ugh, not good Cassie?” I asked my hand to my lower back. Heat radiated off of it, and I brought my hand away.

She put her hand to her chin, “well, you guys are bonded by that tattoo. So he’s either in pain, or they are trying to break you bond.”

I searing pain made me arch backwards, “Holy shit!” I dropped to my knees to the floor, putting my hands behind me, and head forward. My curly hair brushed the floor. I felt as if something slashed at my back, and I brought my head up in agony, “ok it feels like I’m—Ow!” Another sharp pain hit my back, “help me!” I begged Emilia.

“I can’t,” she said quietly, “you need to…let go of the bond. You don’t need to break it, just focus on the connection.”

I closed my eyes, tears running down my face from pain. Is this really what he is going through? I took a deep breath, and got a another pain in my back. I clenched my jaw, and continued trying to focus, “There should be a feeling of a barrier between you too, try and break it,” Emilia spoke over my concentration.