XIX - Secret's Out

Thank you so much for 1k reads! xoxo

I woke up on Tuesday morning and got in the shower, thinking about what happened with Shawn after practice last night. I couldn't help but smile to myself, thinking about how amazing he made me feel. I don't know what's going on between us, but I do know I'm falling for him more and more each day.

By now it was the middle of September, so the weather was starting to cool down a bit. I threw on black ripped jeans and my light gray Lasell College crewneck that had dark blue lettering. I quickly blow dried my hair straight, doing a loose side braid. I pulled out some pieces to frame my face, and gently pulled on the braid to make it a bit thicker.

For makeup I did simple coverage, then bronzed and highlighted my cheeks. I used my bronzer as eyeshadow, putting it in my crease, then highlighted my inner corner with my highlight. I swiped on mascara and a nude cream lipstick and set everything with a dewy setting spray.

Satisifed with my appearance, I sprayed on my perfume and headed downstairs.

-

When I walked in through the large, glass doors at school everyone was staring at me. I wasn't a nobody, but I wasn't super popular either so this was unusual. As I walked down the hallway everyone continued to stare, whispering to their friends.

"Hey Mags, you doing favors in the locker room now?" one of the lacrosse players called as he laughed with his friends when I walked by.

What the hell?

I turned and went into the bathroom to get a break from all the snickering in the hallway. The only girl in there was Josette.

"Jo, do you know what's going on?" I asked her frantically.

She looked at me with a sympathetic face. "Um, everyone kind of knows you gave a blow job after practice last night," she said awkwardly.

Shit.

"Do they, um, know w-who I gave it to?" I asked sheepishly, nervously playing with my hands.

"Brooke Vedder is the one who started the rumor. She said that she only saw you on your knees, and not the guy."

I sighed in relief. That still didn't make this situation any better, but at least no one knew it was Shawn.

"This is so embarrassing!" I whined, leaning my back against the sink and putting my face in my hands.

"It's okay Mags," Jo soothed, rubbing my back. "Honestly, it's high school. Everyone's done it or is going to do it, so might as well just own it. If you act like it's not a big deal the whole thing will blow over by Thursday. No pun intended," she chuckled, trying to make me laugh.

"Thanks Jo," I smiled, giving her a hug.

-

By now it was third period, meaning I had Shawn's class. I didn't show up early like I always did, I wasn't in the mood. All day I'd been made fun of for what happened last night, and I was miserable.

I walked into his class just as the last warning bell rang, keeping my head down as I walked to my seat.

"Hey Pérez, want to tell everyone who your fuck buddy is?" Bryce laughed, receiving a high five from the guy sitting behind him.

Enough was enough.

I angrily stood up and turned around to look down at Bryce.

"You know what? Yes, the rumors of what happened last night are true. And you know what else? I. Don't. Care. If you and everyone else in this god damn school want to slut shame me, because you're jealous that I got more action than you do, then go ahead. So how about you stop making remarks about my sex life, just so you don't have to deal with the fact that your dick is even smaller than your IQ?"

By now everyone was staring at me, some jaws dropped while others replied "oohhh" to the last comment I made to Bryce.

Shawn cleared his throat, filling the award silence that now took over the room.

"Miss Pérez, may I speak to you in the hall please?" he asked. I nodded and grabbed my bag, getting out of my chair and walking out of the room.

Shawn followed me into the hall, closing the classroom door behind him.

"What was that about? Are you okay?" he asked sympathetically.

I told him everything that happened today, all the way from the lacrosse player's remarks to Brooke's big mouth. By the time I was finished, he looked angry.

He checked the hallway to make sure no one was around before engulfing me in a hug. "I'm so sorry Maggie, this is my fault," he said, rubbing my back and kissing the top of my head.

"Shawn, it's not your fault. I just want to go home," I mumbled against his chest.

"Drive home, I'll cover for you. I'll tell the other teachers you got sick, so they won't call your mom. She's working late tonight, right?"

I nodded in response.

"Perfect. I'll stop by later to give you your assignments and see how you're doing, okay?" he asked, his hands resting on top of my shoulders as my fingers were delicately placed on his torso.

"I'll see you tonight, drive home safely," he said, kissing me quickly then heading back into his classroom.

Can someone please tell me if they liked the smut in the last chapter or if you don't want any smut in the story? I was really nervous to post it.