VI - The Party

We won our volleyball game by landslide, and the whole team went out for ice cream afterwards. Of course, the only thing all the girls would talk about was Mr. Mendes.

Now it was Saturday night, and I was sitting on my couch with Molly and Weronika watching Friday Night Lights.

"Want to go to a party tonight?" Ronnie asked, looking at her phone.

"Who's having it?" Molly asked her.

"One of my older sisters and her friend. It starts at nine and goes until whenever."

"Which sister?" I asked, pausing our show.

"Eliza," she told me.

Molly laughed for a second before turning to look at Weronika, "Ron isn't she like twenty three or something? Why would she invite you to her party and tell you to invite friends? We're all underaged."

Ronnie rolled her eyes playfully, "The only people I'm inviting are you two and Liv. Besides, Eliza doesn't care and neither will her friends. It'll be fun, let's go. Plus, it'll be one last fun summer memory before summer officially ends. It's a bit of a classy party."

Molly and I looked at each other for a moment, looking for any signs of hesitation on each other's faces. "Call Liv and tell her to come here and get ready with us," I said, "We'll have to leave in two hours."

We all got up and began to head upstairs. When we were walking down the hallway towards my bedroom my mom came out of her room.

"Hola chicas, ¿qué pasa?" (hi girls, what's up?) she asked us.

"We were going to Eliza's in a couple hours, is that okay?" I asked her sweetly.

She thought for a moment before speaking, "I suppose, just don't get into any trouble ¿bueno?" (okay?)

"Sí mamí, gracias!" (yes mom, thank you) I replied, motioning for Molly and Ronnie to head into my room.

Twenty minutes later Liv showed up, and we all started getting ready. Liv straightened her hair in my room alongside Ronnie who was curling hers. In the bathroom Molly and I were doing our makeup, then we'd switch.

I did full face makeup, but made sure it didn't look too heavy, along with a light smokey eye, and a plum colored lip. Since my natural hair was super curly, I just used some texture spray for volume.

I went into my closet and looked through all of my dresses and skirts, searching for the right one. After a couple minutes, I found the perfect outfit. (A/N: See chapter cover photo)

An hour and a half later everyone was completely ready. It took about fifteen minutes to get to Eliza's friend's house, and the party was already in full swing. It was a large, gorgeous house on the nicer side of town. I'm pretty sure it was even in a gated community.

The difference between high school age parties and college age parties is this: I can't stand high school parties, and I love college parties.

The music filled the whole entire house, shots being passed around constantly. The four of us all headed for the kitchen to get a drink.

I filled my cup with cranberry juice and vodka, bringing it to my lips. Pure satisfaction flowed through my body as I took a few sips, looking forward to what the night held.

We all headed to the open space outdoors by the pool. Marble tiles covered a quarter of the backyard beside the large pool, grass covering the rest. This place was breathtaking. We all went over the marble floor and danced outdoors, letting loose and having fun. A few minutes later Eliza came over with her friend.

"Hey girls!" a slightly tipsy Eliza said, giving us all hugs. "This is Elena, she lives here."

"Nice to meet you! You're all so stunning," Elena said. I was starting to like her already. She was fairly tall, bronzed skin, and medium length light brown hair. I wouldn't be surprised if she has guys over her all the time. "You guys should meet my boyfriend! This is his house, actually, I just live here. I'll go find him," she said, walking back towards the house.

We danced and talked with Eliza for about ten minutes until I saw Elena coming back over to us. She held hands with a tall brunette guy, his head turned back towards the house so I couldn't see his face. Judging by Elena's appearance, I'm sure he was a catch.

"Girls! This is Shawn," she smiled proudly.

When he looked up to greet us, that's when my stomach hit the floor.