XII - Comfort

The rest of the week had gone well, until Friday hit. Friday was by far one of the worst days I've had in a while. I didn't have Shawn's class until last period, so the whole day was miserable.

Since my mom goes back to work this coming Monday, she's been pretty stressed. I don't blame her, I just don't think she should take her anger out on me. I've been stressed as well, between school, volleyball, and Shawn, having a screaming match every morning with my mom was the last thing I needed. However, this morning's argument was worse than all the others had been.

When it was finally time for Shawn's class, I walked quickly to his classroom hoping to have a couple minutes alone. Thankfully, only he was in there when I made it to class. I walked in without saying a word, closing the door behind me. He was already standing in front of the chalkboard, so I dropped my bag off of my shoulder and walked straight towards him.

I wrapped my arms around his torso tightly, burying my face into his chest. He was taken aback, but only for the shortest of seconds. He wrapped his left arm around my body tightly, stroking my hair with his right hand. He rested his chin on the top of my head.

"What's wrong?" He asked gently.

I shook my head, not wanting to talk about it. I just wanted to be comforted.

"Is everything okay?" He questioned.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Please just hold me," I mumbled into his chest.

A moment later we let go, since students would be coming to his classroom soon.

Throughout his lesson Shawn kept glancing over at me, making sure I was okay. I appreciated his concern, especially considering the fact that he doesn't even know why I'm upset. Sometimes a girl just needs a good hug from the right guy. And today, Shawn happened to be that guy.

When class was over I slowly packed up my things, staying behind like I had every day this week. He haven't kissed since Monday, in fact we haven't even talked about it. We've just been getting to know each other better, I suppose.

Once everyone was out of the classroom but me he closed the door and walked over to his desk, taking a seat.

"So how about you come to my house at five o'clock tomorrow evening, and I'll drive us to the restaurant?" He asked.

"Sure, where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," he smiled, "but wear something nice. It's about an hour from here, so no one will recognize us."

"Perfect, sounds like a plan," I said. "I already told my mom I would be sleeping over Liv's so it's all covered. I'll either sneak back in the house or just head to Liv's anyways," I said.

"I'm looking forward to it," he said, pausing for a moment afterwards. "Are you okay, Maggie? What happened this morning?"

Ugh. "It's nothing, I just got in a fight with my mom. I needed a hug, that's all," I said, plastering a fake smile across my face. How can I tell him that her and I fought because I've been so stressed out, when the reason I'm stressed is him?

I'm falling for my teacher.

-

Saturday Night

I had to leave for Shawn's in a couple of minutes, so I checked over my appearance one last time. I wore a black, silk maxi dress that had a low v-neck, but was still classy, and had very thin straps. It fit somewhat loosely but still hugged my curves, and I honestly couldn't possibly love this dress more than I already do. (Her dress is the chapter cover photo, but the v-neck doesn't quiet go as deep or wide)

I did a glowy, bronzed, full face of makeup, using deep browns for eyeshadow and a nude lip. My hair was straightened and held back in a loose, low bun, a few pieces out to frame my face.

I've never been more pleased with my appearance in all eighteen years of my life.

I slipped on my black heels and headed downstairs, thankful that my mom was out. Just imagine, 'hey mom, I'm going on a date with my teacher, see you later'. I don't think that would go over too well.

As I drove to his house I tried to abandon my nerves, but I couldn't. I kept trying to shake all thoughts of him being my teacher out of my mind. I wanted this to be a nice, fun, romantic evening and the last thing I needed was for us to feel awkward or uncomfortable.

When I made it to his house I stepped out of the car, walking up the front steps. I knocked on the door a few times before he opened it.

There stood Shawn, looking as handsome as ever in black dress pants and white button up dress shirt, the sleeves roller up to his elbow. He wore a black tie as well, and he looked damn good.

"Wow," he said breathlessly, "Maggie you look stunning," he smiled, and I couldn't help but blush as I entered his house.