XXIV - Make Love

After we got out of the shower we both wrapped ourselves in plush, cranberry colored towels.

The color made my water-droplet covered skin look tan and golden. My wet hair was wavy and voluminous, draped over my right shoulder. The towel was just barely long enough to reach the middle of my thighs, leaving a bit of cleavage exposed.

Shawn couldn't keep his eyes off of me as he wrapped his towel around his waist, water beads dripping down his incredible abdomen.

There was so much lust in this steamy room, so much desire.

"Um, we should get dressed," he awkwardly suggested, clearing his throat and walking into the master bedroom.

Why did he suddenly get so uncomfortable around me? His eyes went from lustful to worried in a matter of seconds.

I followed him into his room, putting on a black bralette and matching underwear. I put on one of Shawn's white button up shirts that reached just above mid thigh, rolling the sleeves a few times and unbuttoning the top two buttons.

He put on boxers and a pair of gray sweatpants, tossing a tight, black, v-neck shirt on as well.

We made our way into his kitchen, and I sat on a stool as he poured a glass of wine for each of us.

"You did excellent on your project today, by the way. Although I must say, it was hard to focus on your words," he chuckled, resting his forearms across from me on the island.

"What do you mean?" I asked, chuckling as well.

"You were wearing leggings and a tight v-neck shirt, Maggie. You can't do that to me," he jokingly whined.

We both laughed as we made our way onto his back deck, each laying down on a sun chair beside the pool.

Sure, the moon was out by now and not the sun, but this night was unusually warm for late September in Massachusetts.

We laid there and just talked for a while, laughing about who knows what.

"C-can I ask you something?" I spoke quietly, nervously running my finger along the rim of my glass.

"Anything," he smiled softly, turning his head to look at me while I kept my gaze fixated on the moon.

"In the bathroom earlier, after our shower, you seemed uncomfortable. Did I do something?" I asked, my lack of self-confidence coming through in my voice.

"Of course not, Maggie. You didn't do anything wrong. You just looked so amazing, and I've never craved your body more than I did in that moment. I knew that if I didn't leave the room something was going to end up happening."

He took a long sip of his wine before continuing his speech.

"You mean so much to me, and this is so much more than just a physical attraction, so I want to take things relatively slow. The physical things, I mean. When our relationship does reach that level, I don't want to just have sex with you. I-I want to make love to you, Maggie," he nervously spoke.

"Have you, um, ever gone that far with anyone?" He asked, clearly being hesitant.

"I've had sex a few times, but I've never made love with anyone, if that's what you mean. My first time was with a boyfriend I had junior year, we were together for four months before we did it. We only did it twice, and broke up a couple weeks later. The third time was just a drunken one night stand over this past summer," I answered him truthfully. "But you have, right? With Elena."

"Elena is the only girl I've been with in years. I slept around a bit in high school, but it never meant something to me until it was with Elena," he said, his voice cracking a bit.

"Do you ever miss her?"

"Maybe sometimes, I suppose. It's not so much her as it is the memories, you know? She was a big part of my life for years, and at times she was all I had. Regardless, the feelings I have for you can't even compare to what I had with Elena, and I mean that truthfully."

We stayed quiet for a moment, both deep in thought.

"We should probably go inside, it's getting a bit cold," he suggested, finishing off his last sip of wine.

I finished off my glass as well, linking my arm in his as we walked back into the house.

-

We both climbed into his bed, cozying up to each other. He reached for the remote and handed it to me, letting me chose what to watch.

I went to Netflix and began playing Grey's Anatomy, of course.

After a few episodes he started to fall asleep, so I shut the tv off.

I intertwined our legs as we both laid on our sides, his head bowed with his forehead resting against my chest. I laid my chin on top of his head, rubbing his back with my left hand.

A few minutes later soft snores escaped his plump, parted lips. He looked so peaceful, so innocent. Like nothing in this world could ever be as pure as him.

The world doesn't deserve someone as beautiful and loving as Shawn.

I'm falling in love with Shawn Mendes.

-

I don't know how I feel about this chapter honestly.

Q: Are you guys going to be watching the Super Bowl tomorrow?

A: fUCk yES I am!!! The Super Bowl is the best day of the whole entire year, and the Patriots are my favorite/home team. New England represent!!!

(I'll let my football-obsessed self out, I'm done now)