I - The Cracked Door

I groaned as my alarm went off, rolling over to take my phone off of the nightstand. I know that it was almost ten in the morning, but it was the last day of summer break, you can't blame me for wanting to sleep the day away.

I scrolled through Instagram and Twitter, checking up on what I missed the night before. A few minutes later, a text notification came up at the top of my screen. It was one of my best friends, MollyGrace.

Molly🌸: Hey girl, wanna go to the mall today?

Maggie: Yessss, in desperate need of back to school clothes

Molly🌸: I'll pick you up in an hour, see ya soon💞

Maggie: Can't wait😘

I got out of bed and took off the large t-shirt I had slept in, putting on an all white maxi dress. It stood out against my tan, making me look even more bronzed than I already was. I let my long, dark brown curls go natural, flipping my part to the left side.

I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I put on mascara and a nude liquid lipstick, sprayed on my perfume, and put on a necklace. I went back in my room to grab my phone and blush colored cross body purse and gold strappy sandals.

When I went downstairs my mom was in the kitchen. She's a work-at-home mom who's currently in the process of writing her own cookbook. She used to be a high end chef at a Cuban restaurant in town, then she had me and my older brother, Aaron. A few years ago our dad left us, and she left the restaurant to work from home.

"Buenos días cariño," (good morning sweetheart) she said, reaching over from her stool to give me a hug.

"Buenos días mamá," (good morning mom) I replied, hugging her back and kissing her cheek.

"What are you up to today?" She asked, returning her focus to her laptop.

"MollyGrace and I were going back to school shopping for a little bit, then probably out to lunch," I informed her, grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.

"She just pulled in the driveway so I'm gonna head out," I said, grabbing my things and heading towards the door.

"Be back for dinner at six o' clock. I love you!" She called out to me as I walked out the door.

"Te amo!" (I love you) I yelled back over my shoulder, closing the door and heading towards Molly's car.

I walked across the grass and over to the driveway, opening the passenger side door.

"Hey!" I greeted her, getting in the car and closing the door.

"Hey bitch," Molly joked as I put my seatbelt on, "Ready to go?" she asked as she put the car in reverse. It takes about twenty minutes to get to the mall, so we blasted music and sang the whole way there.

-

"Where to first?" she asked as we walked across the parking lot.

"Hmm, how about Victoria's Secret? They're having some major sales," I suggested.

We walked in through the double doors, the refreshing air conditioning hitting us right away. Massachusetts has much hotter summers than you'd ever expect. Molly and I made our way down the long building, finally making it to Victoria's Secret. We poked around for a bit, picking out a few things.

I picked up a matching, two piece lingerie set. The top was a black, floral lace bralette, and the bottoms were a black thong with the same floral lace around the waist band.

"What do you think?" I asked Molly, holding them up in the air so she could see them.

"So hot, I love them!" she said, "You should go try them on, it'd looked super good on you."

I took her advice and found a salesperson, asking her if I could try them on. When I was walking to my dressing room there was a fairly young man leaning his back against the door next to mine. He must've been waiting for his girlfriend to try something on, which is a disappointment. His facial structure was stunning, and his appearance was overall flawless. You could see the outlines of his muscular body through his light grey t-shirt, and his black jeans fit his legs well.

When I passed him to enter my dressing room, he gave me a kind, soft smile. Damn. He's probably too old for me anyways.

I took off my clothes and tried on the lingerie. I've never been one to be too happy with my body, but this looked amazing. I texted Molly and told her to come give me her approval, and that I would leave my dressing room door cracked. The last thing I needed was her walking through here knocking on all the doors calling my name.

While I waited for her, I heard the handsome man from earlier speak to whom I assumed to be his girlfriend. His voice was gorgeous.

"Do you want me to go get you a different size?" he asked her.

"That'd be great, thanks so much babe. I'll leave the door cracked so you can just toss it in when you get back, go quickly please."

A minute passed before I heard footsteps coming towards my door. Assuming it was Molly, I faced the door and did my sexiest pose, hoping to earn a laugh from her when she opened it.

When the door opened, my eyes were met not with Molly, but with the handsome brunette.

-

(A/N: So that's it! I'm really excited to write this story, and I hope it will turn out well. The chapter was a bit longer than intended, but I just barely managed to stay under 1,000 words which was my goal. Hope you liked it so far! xoxo)