VIII - Driveway

I woke up in my bed the next morning, alongside Molly, Liv, and Ronnie. We were all laying randomly across my bed, still in the clothes we wore the night before. Everyone woke up around the same time, groaning due to their hangovers. I'll admit I had a bit of a headache, but other than that I was fine.

"Mags you drank more than any of us did, how are you not dying?" Molly asked, clutching her head in pain when she laughed.

I got out of bed and took a quick shower, then threw on some light grey sweatpants and a plain light blue sweatshirt. I dried my hair and put it up into a messy bun.

While the other girls took their turns showering I headed downstairs to make breakfast for everyone. Thankfully my mom was out visiting my brother at his college this morning, so my friends' current state wouldn't make her question what we did last night.

I made a few stacks of pancakes, finishing just as everyone came downstairs. We all sat around the kitchen on various spots on the counter eating our breakfast.

"I still can't believe we went to a party at our teacher's house," Olivia said and we all broke out into laughter.

"Ugh, my car is still at his place. Liv would you mind dropping me off on your way home please?" I asked her.

"Sure thing, I'm probably gonna head out in ten minutes."

-

She pulled her car up to the end of his driveway, and I thanked her for the ride and said goodbye.

As I was walking up the driveway I saw the front door open. There was Mr. Mendes, taking his trash out. Shirtless.

Here I am, picking my car up from my teacher's house because I drank at a party here last night, and he's walking towards me wearing only gray sweatpants. Fuck he's so hot.

"Good morning Maggie," he called to me when he saw me coming up the driveway.

"Morning!" I called back, not wanting any of his neighbors to hear me call him Mr. Mendes.

The distance between us kept closing, and before I knew it we were standing in front of each other.

"How are you feeling after last night?" He smirked.

"Just fine, thanks. And you?"

"A bit of headache, but not as bad as expected. What brings you here?" He asked. He was so oblivious sometimes.

"My car," I said, gesturing to the vehicle behind him.

"Right. Well, I'm just glad you didn't drive you and your friends home I suppose. I'll see you tomorrow, have a nice day Maggie," and with that, he continued his walk to the trash bin at the end of his driveway.

When I went to back out of his driveway I looked into the rear view mirror, admiring his back muscles. I figured he would be in decent shape, but I'd totally underestimated how great it would really be. I did a quick three point turn and began to pull forwards out of the driveway.

He was walking back up towards the house by now, so I slowed down and rolled down my window.

"Hey Mendes!" I yelled, catching his attention. "You should totally buy those sweatpants," I said with a wink.

He laughed and shook his head, "Goodbye Maggie," he chuckled, continuing his walk towards the house.

-

I spent the rest of the day at my house, my thoughts constantly wandering to Mr. Mendes. Everything about this was so inappropriate and wrong, and I know that. I just can't help but wonder if I'm starting to form an attraction towards this seemingly perfect man.

-

I woke up for school late this morning, and practically flew out of bed. I washed my face and brushed my teeth, but didn't have time to do any makeup or fix my hair. I threw on leggings and a white and purple Maui Beach shirt I had gotten on one of the boardwalks there a couple summers ago.

I ran downstairs and went straight outside to my car, figuring I would just grab Dunkin's on the way.

I went through the drive-thru and got a small, iced blueberry coffee with cream and sugar, and a blueberry muffin.

Thankfully I had study hall first on Monday's, but it was in Mr. Mendes' classroom on Monday's as well.

I made it into the classroom only a few minutes late, but no one seemed to notice. I sat down at the same desk I sit in during his class, setting my coffee and muffin down.

"Is that why you're late?" Mr. Mendes joked.

"No, I overslept. This is last minute breakfast," I relied.

He stood up and reacher over his desk, taking a piece of my muffin. "These are my favorite," he grinned, shoving it into his mouth.

I laughed and shook my head at him, then took a sip of my coffee.

He chuckled and picked up his pen, beginning to grade papers again. "Alright, fun time is over. Find some homework you still need to complete please."

"Finished it all last night," I said, smirking a bit when he looked up at me.

"So you don't have anything to do this study hall?" He asked.

"Nope," I answered, taking a bite of the delicious muffin, "not a thing."

"So you finish early?" He asked, unaware of how he just set himself up.

"Not usually," I said with a wink.

What the hell am I doing?