XXXIV - Sweet Mornings

What I looked like after feeling personally attacked by the perfection that is Shawn Mendes after he performed Mercy at the IHeartRadio awards a few nights ago^^^

-

The final bell rang on Friday, cutting Mr. Mendes off as he was in the middle of wishing us a good weekend.

"Okay, have a fun and safe weekend everyone! I'll see you all on Monday," he smiled. He's so adorable.

"I'll see you at the game tonight, right Mags?" Bryce asked over the loud commotion everyone was making as they hurried to leave the classroom and start their weekend.

"Wouldn't miss it! I'll sit with Emily," I replied.

He smiled and nodded before starting a conversation with one of his friends and leaving the classroom. A few moments later it was just me and Shawn.

"So you're going to the game tonight?" he asked, packing up his things.

"Yeah, I'm gonna hang out with the girl Bryce likes. They're going on a date tomorrow but I figured it wouldn't hurt to still try to help him impress her," I chuckled.

"All she has to do is watch him play for a few minutes and she'll be thoroughly impressed. He's beyond talented, a phenomenal football player," he said.

"Yeah, he's amazing. Do you have any plans tonight?" I asked.

"That depends on if my beautiful girlfriend is free after the plans she has for this evening," he smirked.

"I think she could manage to free up some space for you," I joked, placing my hands on his shoulders as his large hands rested on my waist. "I can come over tonight after the game if you want."

"Can you spend the night?"

"Of course," I smiled, reaching up to kiss him.

-

Our school won the football game 56-42. Needless to say, the boys were ecstatic. Bryce played extremely well, and Emily was certainly impressed. I got to know her pretty well over the course of the night, and I can see us becoming good friends.

After the game I walked to my car, getting in and taking my phone out of my pocket to text Shawn.

Maggie:
On my way xx

After that I plugged in the aux cord, blasting 11 Blocks by Wrabel as I pulled out of the parking lot.

When I got to Shawn's he opened the door before I was even on the front step. His large frame filled the doorway, his hair slightly messy as he wore a black t-shirt and gray sweatpants. He looked more cuddly than usual, and I was melting.

"Hi hun, how was the game?" he asked.

I told him about how the team won, and how Emily was completely impressed with Bryce.

"I'm glad you had a good time," he said, kissing my temple as he took my overnight bag out of my hands.

He carried my bag upstairs to his room for me as I followed close behind.

"So, what do you feel like doing?" He asked, running his fingers through his hair.

I yawned as I checked the time on my phone. It was only 10:19 and I was exhausted.

"Can we just lay in bed and cuddle?" I asked, digging through my bag to find a large t-shirt he had given me a while ago that I could sleep in.

"I'm sorry, I know you probably wanted to do something more eventful," I said.

"No, we can absolutely do that. If you're happy, I'm happy," he smiled, kissing my forehead as I walked past him into the bathroom to get changed.

When I came out, only in his t-shirt and my underwear, he was already under the sheets wearing only his boxers.

I slid into bed beside him, pulling the sheets up to my nose to warm up my cool body. I snuggled into Shawn, our legs tangling together as I rest my head on his chest. We both wrapped our arms around each other, sighing in content.

"I love being with you," he said soothingly, kissing the top of my head gently.

"I love being with you too," I replied, snuggling into his chest a bit deeper.

It was clear that 'I love you' was on the tip of both mine and Shawn's tongues, we just weren't quite ready to share those special words yet. I don't know what was holding us back, but I was okay with it. I wanted it to be said at the right time, and I wanted it to feel special.

-

I woke up on Saturday morning, remembering that I have that photoshoot with Elena later in the evening.

Shawn wasn't awake yet, so I drifted back to sleep.

We just lounged around in bed all day, watching movies and occasionally getting up for snacks. There was lots of cuddling involved, and many sweet words and kisses were exchanged. I absolutely love having mornings like this with Shawn. I couldn't possibly ask for anything better.

-

When it was almost 4:30 I left to go meet Elena. I was nervous, to say the least, but I knew everything would be fine.

It's not like she has any idea about me and Shawn, and there's no way she'll find out.

I got out of my car when Elena pulled into the dirt parking lot beside the meadow, looking as gorgeous as ever. Even without makeup she was stunning. She was wearing a maroon, v neck maxi dress that cinched at her waist then flowed beautifully, and a thick, long gray cardigan. Her naturally wavy hair effortlessly cascaded down her shoulders, her skin looking bronzed and dewy. She was so flawless. I couldn't stand it.

"Hi hun!" She greeted me, giving me a big hug. "Thanks so much for agreeing to do this for me. If you wouldn't mind changing into this quick we can get started," she said, handing me a cream colored, oversized, knit turtle neck sweater and black thigh high socks.

"I wanted to do natural hair and no makeup, and just the big sweater and socks. Is that okay with you?" She asked.

"Of course," I replied, "it's your shoot, I'll do whatever you need me to do," I smiled.

"Great! Let's get started."

-

I've been trying my best to keep this story different than all the other 'Mr. Mendes' stories out there, but also keep it mainstream enough that you guys will like it. Is there anything you think I should add/take away or keep/change?