XXXVI - Bimini

(How I'm imaging the hotel room they're staying in)

"Welcome to Bimini, how may I help you?" asked the woman behind the receptionist desk at our hotel. This hotel was huge. It was stunning and must've cost a fortune. I'd definitely be lying if I said I didn't feel bad that Shawn was spending all this money on me.

"Hi, we'd like to check in please. The room is under the name Mendes," he told her politely.

A few minutes later, we were in the glass elevator going up to our room.

"I still can't believe you booked us a suite on the top floor," I said, shaking my head in disbelief as the elevator doors opened on floor sixty.

"I only want the best for my princess," he said cheesily, making me playfully roll my eyes and nudge his shoulder with mine.

"Really Shawn, you shouldn't have. I'll never be able to put into words how thankful I am that you would do this for me."

"Well, you could show me you're thankful another way," he joked, winking at me as we approached our room.

"Shawn!" I laughed, watching him take out the keycard to open the double doors to our room.

That's when my stomach dropped.

I was absolutely speechless, stunned by the gorgeous view and room.

I turned to Shawn, my lips parted in awe with my eyes wide.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

I didn't even know what to say, so I didn't say anything at all.

I quickly walked towards him and immediately crashed my lips into his, holding his face gently between my hands.

"I absolutely love it," I mumbled against his lips, continuing to kiss him deeply.

"I'm glad," he smiled, breaking the kiss. "So, we have three full days here, and five days total. Want to order some room service for dinner and figure out what we want to do this week?" he asked, tucking a strand of loose hair that fallen out from my bun behind my ear.

"Sure, sounds great," I replied, kissing him one last time before flopping onto the large king sized bed.

"This is amazing!" I exclaimed, my voice muffled by the sheets my face was buried in.

I heard Shawn laugh as he dialed the number for room service, ordering us each a seafood pasta dinner and some white wine.

When the food came we each sat on the small couches in the corner, stunned by the absolutely gorgeous view we were literally surrounded by as we ate.

"So what do you want to do this week?" Shawn asked, taking a bite of his dinner.

"Hiking, boating, laying on the beach, adventuring, walking around the town, tanning, swimming, everything," I laughed, taking a sip of my wine.

"Alright, well I guess we can manage that," Shawn chuckled. "Want to head to the beach for sunset? We won't have to leave for probably another hour or so," he suggested.

"Yeah, definitely. Ugh this is absolutely amazing, thank you so much Shawn," I gushed, feeling like I'll never be able to thank him enough for this trip.

-

After dinner I changed into a flowy, strapless black maxi dress. I put my hair into a thick fishtail braid and draped it over my left shoulder, putting on a white floppy sun hat.

"You look like such a tourist," Shawn laughed as I came out of the bathroom.

"And you don't?" I retorted, motioning to his tan cargo shorts, Hawaiian print button up t-shirt, and white bucket hat. "You look like a middle aged dad taking his wife and kids on vacation," I laughed, sitting down on the edge of the bed to put on my white strappy sandals.

"Does that mean you'll call me daddy?" Shawn asked, sitting up behind me and kissing along my shoulder, leading towards my neck.

"Let's go, Mendes," I replied, playfully rolling my eyes and standing up off the bed.

-

We strolled down the beach hand in hand, watching the sunset cast a golden glow across the clear blue waves.

"I don't think I've ever seen anything more beautiful than this," I said.

"I have. She's about 5'6, eighteen years old, goes by the name of 'Maggie' but will come to 'Mags' too. She'll only attack, or sass, if threatened," he said, the grin on his face clearly indicating that he was proud of his joke.

"You make me sound like a lost dog," I pointed out, looking up at him as we continued walking along the shoreline.

"I mean, you are kind of a bitch," he teased, making us both erupt in laughter as I jokingly pushed him farther into the water.

"I'm kidding baby, you're perfect," he said, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his torso, both of us gently swaying side to side together as we watched the waves forming in the distance.

"This week is going to perfect," I said, my eyes fixated on the the golden flecks of light radiating off of the aqua ocean.

Shawn placed his finger under my chin, turning my head to the side and tilting it up to look at him.

"I love you Maggie," he said soothingly, bringing our faces closer together.

"I love you too Shawn," I smiled, closing the distance between us.

The kiss was slow but passionate, the feeling of fireworks erupting around us stronger than usual.

When he pulled back I looked into his eyes, falling even deeper in love with the golden flecks in his eyes, resembling the ones shining off of the ocean beside us.

-

It's official, I have mentally adopted all of you. You are my children. Stay safe out there kids mom loves you.