LIII - He Knows

The cutest little bunny😩❤️😍
If you're seeing this update on 6/15/18 you can ignore it! Just editing the AN

We all sat around the living room for a couple of hours, getting to know one another better. Our parents were having their own conversation on one half of the room while Shawn, Aaron, Aaliyah and I were having a conversation of our own in the other half.

"Wait, so Maggie slipped and fell in front of the whole entire sch-"

"Okay! That's enough," I said, cutting Shawn off from repeating the terribly embarrassing story Aaron had just told him about me. He was laughing so hard that he was clutching his stomach, his head thrown back as his cheeks became flushed.

"He's so annoying," Aaliyah laughed, shaking her head at her brother.

"Do you have any embarrassing stories about Shawn?" I smirked, and he instantly stopped laughing.

"Aaliyah, I swear to god if you say anything," he said, sending her death glare.

Aaliyah stayed silent for a moment, then quickly glanced over at me. "Shawn wet the bed until he was twelve," she said quickly.

"Aaliyah!" he whined as I broke out in laughter, unable to control how hard I was laughing.

After a straight minute of sitting bent over, laughing with my forehead against my knees, I finally caught my breath and sat up straight. Aaliyah and Aaron were still chuckling as Shawn was sending all of us a death glare, especially me and his sister.

"Dinner is ready everyone!" my mom called from the kitchen.

We all got up and walked into the dining room, and all the food was spread across the table.

"This looks lovely!" Karen exclaimed, "Thank you so much," she said.

Manny and Karen sat at the ends of the table, my mom sitting between Aaron and Shawn. I sat across from Shawn, and Aaliyah sat across from Aaron.

We all took turns passing around the different dishes, taking heaping servings of every delicious dish my mom made. About halfway through dinner Aaron wanted another slice of ham, and the plate was resting on the table right in front of me.

"Mocoso, may I have the plate of ham please?" he asked, thanking me as I handed it to him.

"Mocoso?" Shawn asked, looking up at me and smiling, "Is that a nickname or something?"

"It means little brat in spanish," Aaron replied casually.

"Little brat?" Shawn laughed, "How'd you get that nickname?"

"Ever since Aaron and I were little we'd call each other names in Spanish. I don't know why we thought we wouldn't get in trouble since our mom speaks Spanish too," I laughed, "but our dad didn't understand us so it worked. One day he called me little brat and it just stuck."

"I'm getting to learn lots of interesting facts about my favorite student today," Shawn joked, making me blush.

"Want to hear another embarrassing story about Shawn?" Karen asked. Everyone said yes, Aaliyah being the loudest.

"No!" Shawn whined.

"One time, Manny and I sent him to summer camp when he was fourteen. He somehow lost nearly all of the clothes he brought, so the next year we had to send our fifteen year old son to camp with his initials written on the tag of all of his clothes," Karen laughed, making everyone but Shawn join in with her laugher as well.

"It's not funny. I had 'S.M.' written on the tags of my clothes for years," Shawn said, starting to crack a smile.

"S.M.," Aaron repeatedly quietly to himself, then he looked up at me with a shocked expression.

"Maggie, tienes que estar bromeando," (you've got to be kidding me) he said in a serious tone. All of the Mendes' stopped eating, slowly looking up at Aaron.

My heartbeat sped up and my stomach dropped as I realized what just happened. He recognized Shawn's initials. He knows that Shawn is my boyfriend.

"Por favor, no lo hagas. No aquí, y especialmente ahora mismo," (please don't do this. Not right here, and especially not right now) I pleaded.

Shawn's family flew in from Canada to have a nice Easter dinner with their son/brother, not to sit silently while a family they barely even know argued in Spanish.

"Kids, what's going on?" My mom said sternly.

"Nothing mom, we're sorry," Aaron said politely.

"Sorry," I said as well, feeling a bit embarrassed.

After dinner was over and everyone finished cleaning up Aaron loosely grabbed my hand, pulling me up the stairs and into my room, shutting the door behind us.

"What the hell Maggie? Are you dating your teacher?" He whisper yelled.

"Look, you can't breathe a word of this to anyone," I immediately pleaded, knowing it was no use trying to lie to him.

"Oh my god, this is so weird!" He said, running his hands through his hair. "So you're sleeping with him? Oh my god you're sleeping with your teacher! No wonder you have straight A's," he said, starting to laugh.

"Why are you laughing? You're not mad?" I asked, sounding nervous.

"Of course I'm mad! Maggie, I'm furious. Do you know what kind of trouble this relationship could get the both of you into? I know you're legally an adult, but Shawn could still have charges pressed against him by your school for dating a student. What about you? You'd forever be known as the girl who had sex with her teacher."

"Aaron, please, you can't tell mom," I begged. "I know it's weird, but you just have to trust me. We're being really smart about this, we won't get caught. It's been eight months, don't ruin it for us. I can't lose him, Aaron," I pleaded, my eyes beginning to gloss over, "I love him," I whimpered softly.

"What you have with Shawn, isn't love. He's taking advantage of you and you're so in love with him that you can't even see it!"

"You don't know the first thing about our relationship," I said angrily, taking a step towards him, "Shawn loves me more than anything and I feel the same exact way towards him. I understand that you're angry and confused, but don't act like you know a single thing about me and Shawn because you don't."

Without another word I harshly brushed past him, heading back downstairs.

-

I got tickets to see Shawn again when they first came out in September, but a couple days ago I got the silver VIP package so I can go to the q&a😭💙 I'm so exited and so nervous. I've never been more grateful for anything in my life😂