XX - Regrets

I dropped my bag on the ground as soon as I stepped inside my front door. I groaned loudly as I walked from the entryway to the kitchen, letting out my frustrations. I ate a cold slice of pizza and got a glass of water, heading upstairs to my room.

I set my water on my nightstand and took off my pants, crawling into bed. I just laid there staring at the ceiling for a few minutes, hating school more than I ever have.

I got up and decided to take a bath. I stripped off the rest of my clothes as I walked into the bathroom that's connected to my room. I plugged the drain and ran the hot water, pulling out my intergalactic bath bomb from Lush. I tossed my hair into a messy bun, finding a relaxing playlist to listen to on my Spotify. When the tub started to fill up I got in, dropping the bath bomb in as well.

After about an hour I got out, wrapping myself in my towel. I dried off and put on a sports bra and underwear, throwing on an over-sized Alabama Crimson Tide t-shirt.

I crawled back in bed and went on my phone, checking my social medias. My eyes started getting heavy, and Shawn wouldn't be here for a couple more hours, so I decided to take a nap.

I woke up a couple hours later to the sound of my ringtone. I groggily answered the phone, not bothering to see who was calling.

"Hello?" I asked, sitting up as I rubbed my eyes, a small pout on my lips.

"I just got to your house hun, I've been knocking and you haven't opened the the door. Are you okay?" Shawn asked, sounding worried.

"Yeah I'm fine, just fell asleep. I'll be down in a minute."

I hung up and quickly fixed my appearance in the mirror, trotting down the stairs. I opened the door and let Shawn in, leading him up to my bedroom.

I crawled back under my covers, the same place I'd been in pretty much since I got home. Shawn placed my assignments on my desk, then took off his shoes.

He walked across my floor and got in bed beside me, pulling me into his chest. He rested his right hand on my waist, his left arm wrapped around me and stroking my hair lightly.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, tangling our legs up together. "Embarrassed, I guess. I don't know. It just sucks," I said.

"Brooke got suspended," he randomly said.

"What?" I asked, picking my head up to look at him.

"The principal said this was her third major offense with bullying and harassment. She made a big scene at lunch when the secretary told her. She won't be back until next week."

I laughed, resting my head back down on his chest. "Good, she's such a bitch," I mumbled.

Shawn stayed silent for a moment before he quietly spoke. "D-do you regret it? What we did last night, I mean."

I picked my head up and kissed him softly. "Not at all," I smiled, looking into his eyes. He smiled back at me, leaning in to kiss me again.

"My mom won't be home until eight, and it's three thirty right now. Want to watch a movie then I'll make us dinner?" I asked, laying back down on his muscular chest.

"Sounds perfect," he answered, reaching for the remote.

-

At six o'clock I slowly climbed out of bed, trying my best not to disturb Shawn. He'd fallen asleep during the movie, and I didn't want to wake him.

I went downstairs and decided to make spaghetti with a quick, homemade marinara sauce.

I filled the pot with water and set it on the stove to boil. I pulled out a cutting board and knife, then brought the tomatoes to the sink to wash them off.

I couldn't help but smile to myself, thinking about how I was making dinner while a man, whom I felt deeply for, was sleeping upstairs. If there was one thing I knew for sure, it was that I was really starting to fall for Shawn.

After dicing the tomatoes and putting all the other ingredients into a pan, I began to make the sauce. I let it simmer while I put the spaghetti into the boiling water.

As I stirred the pasta around I felt muscular arms snake around my waist.

"It smells amazing baby," he mumbled against my skin, kissing my neck softly. "Do you need any help?" He asked, resting his chin on top of my head.

"I'm all set thanks, everything should be ready in a few minutes."

-

At quarter of eight we'd finished eating our meals and cleaning up. I walked him to the door, making sure he was out before my mom came home from work.

"Thank you for coming over," I smiled, wrapping my arms around his torso and hugging him tightly.

"I'm sorry you had such a rough day hun, I'm sure things will settle down soon," he reassured me, kissing my forehead as I looked up at him.

"Goodnight Maggie."

"Goodnight love," I smiled, reaching up to kiss him softly.