XXXIII - Lies

I looked at him blankly, my eyes getting a bit wide.

"Oh come on Mags, I'm just curious. You know I wouldn't tell anyone," he added.

"Well what do you want to know?" I asked, holding the small white mug between my hands in attempt to warm up my always-cold fingers.

"I don't know, everything I guess," he chuckled, "How about I ask you questions and you answer. Then you don't need to worry about going through the whole story," he suggested.

"Sure," I sighed, "Let the interrogation begin," I teased.

"Alright, first off, how'd you meet? I mean I know it was at school but what was the first time you introduced yourself like?"

"Actually, I met him at the mall the day before the first day of school," I confessed.

I went on to tell Bryce about how Shawn had accidentally walked into my changing room, and how everything just fell into place from there.

"No way!" he laughed, "He winked at you? That's kind of creepy actually," he said.

"I guess it is now that I think about it," I said, beginning to laugh as hard as Bryce was.

Just then, Emily came over with our meals. "Here you go," she said sweetly, placing our plates down on the table in front of us. "Can I get ya'll anything else?" she asked.

"We're all set, thank you," I smiled, picking up my fork and beginning to dig in.

"Next question," Bryce said after we took our first bite. "How did you guys become a thing? Like was there one specific moment or action that took you guys to where you are now?"

"Honestly, I don't even remember," I laughed a bit, "There was always just some kind of connection. I didn't need a grand gesture to want to be with him, I only needed him to be himself. He's perfect inside and out," I blushed, looking down at my plate.

"You really like him, huh?" He asked.

"Yeah," I admitted, blushing even harder than I was before.

"Well I wish you the best with that," he smiled.

"Thanks," I smiled back, "I'm gonna wait in the car so you can talk to Emily before we go back to school. We have to leave in a few minutes though," I said, digging through my bag to try to find money to pay for my meal.

"Don't worry about the bill, I'll pay it," he said.

"Are you sure? You really don't have to do that."

"It's my treat," he said.

With that I got up out of the both and left the restaurant, getting into my car. Bryce came out a few minutes later, a goofy grin on his face.

"Well I'm guessing that went well?" I laughed.

"It went very well. We have a date on Saturday night," he beamed.

"Aw that's great! I'm glad," I said excitedly, pulling out of the parking lot.

-

Bryce and I walked to second period together, which was Shawn's history class.

As we walked in Shawn's eyes immediately met with mine, drifted over to Bryce, and returned to me with a suspicious look.

A small smile pulled on my lips as I shook my head slightly, trying to tell him that there was nothing to worry about.

I sat down in my sat as Bryce sat in his usual seat behind me. The final warning bell rang through the halls and Shawn got up from his desk, walking over to shut the door.

"Alright, let's begin."

-

When class was over I packed up slowly as usual, killing time while everyone else left the room. Just as everyone was filing out I stood up out of my seat, walking to the front of the classroom. On his way out, Bryce stopped in front of me.

"Thanks again for taking me out to breakfast this morning," he said.

"No problem, thanks for paying," I replied, thanking him in return.

"Have fun," he laughed, hinting to the fact that I was staying after with Shawn.

"Get out," I laughed, playfully pushing him towards the classroom door.

"I'll see you later," he called, throwing up his hand to wave to me over his shoulder while he walked out of the classroom, shutting the door for me.

"You seem quite friendly with Mr. Teller," Shawn said, sounding more observant than he was jealous. "Did you get breakfast this morning?"

"Yeah, we went to The Station during first period. This girl he likes works there, it's a long story," I explained, laughing a bit.

"He didn't see you at my house yesterday, did he?" He asked, pushing back in his chair to create distance between himself and his desk.

"No, he doesn't know anything about us," I lied.

I walked in Shawn's direction and stood in front of him, leaning back against the large metal desk behind me.

"You look very beautiful today," he randomly complimented, smiling up at me.

I couldn't help but smile and blush, giggling at his sweet words. I leaned down and cupped his jaw in both of my hands, pressing a kiss to his plump lips.

"Thank you baby," I mumbled against his lips, kissing him once more.

The bell rang throughout the halls, signaling that I have to leave for third period.

"Well, that's my queue," I laughed, walking to my desk and grabbing my bag.

"I'll see you later!" he yelled to me as I left the classroom.