XXXII - The Favor

"And what would that be?" I questioned him.

"The first football game is this Friday, and I invited this girl that I'm really interested in to come. I was thinking, maybe you could, you know, talk to her and make me look good?" He nervously asked.

I thought for a minute before letting out a sigh of defeat.

"Fine, but if you breathe even just a word to absolutely anyone about me and Mr. Mendes I'll kill you, you got that Teller?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yes ma'am," he joked.

We both laughed at our mock seriousness before I spoke. "Where did you meet her?" I asked.

"She works at The Station, I met her a couple weeks ago when I went in for some fries after practice. She was my waitress, and ended up sitting with me and talking for a while. Before I left I asked for her number," he explained.

"That's very cute," I teased, making him blush. "Alright, well I should head home. I'll see you tomorrow, text me if you need anything. Thank you, seriously, for promising to keep my secret."

"No problem Mags," he smiled reassuringly. "I'll walk you out," he said, getting up out of the chair.

"Have a goodnight!" He called to me as I walked to my car.

-

I pulled into the school parking lot on Wednesday morning, wear black leggings and an oversized gray Champion hoodie. My hair was in a messy bun and I only had mascara on.

Needless to say, I was already done with today.

I wasn't in a bad mood, just didn't feel like being at school.

When I parked my car someone pulled in next to me right away. When I looked up to see who it was, my eyes met with Bryce's. He gave me a tight smile and a small wave, and I did the same back.

When he got out of his car he came around to the passenger side to grab his bag.

I rolled down my window just as he closed the car door. "Hey Teller, wanna ditch first period? It's study hall so seniors can skip." I reminded him.

He turned around to face me and laughed a bit. He glanced over his shoulder at the school building then looked back at me.

"Eh, what the hell. Why not?" He laughed, walking around to the passenger side of my car. He slid into the seat and put his bag in the back, closing the door and putting on his seatbelt.

"So, where are we off to?" He asked.

"Wanna get breakfast? We can go to The Station," I smirked.

The Station was a cute, railroad themed diner with amazing breakfast food. Plus, it was the place where the girl Bryce likes works.

"Sounds good to me," he said, unplugging the aux cord from my phone and plugging it into his.

By the time we made it to the The Station we were both singing Fake Love by Drake at the top of our lungs.

When we walked into the diner we went over and sat in a booth beside the window.

A minute later a cute waitress came over. "Hey ya'll, my name's Emily and I'll be your waitress today," she smiled, her sweet, Southern Belle accent coming through strongly as she placed our menus on the table.

She was wearing the deep sky blue, short sleeve dress with white buttons that all the other waitress wore. There was a white apron covering from her waist to a couple inches above where the dress that ended at the tops of her knees ended. Her medium length blonde hair was curled, and she was wearing a deep red lipstick.

I looked up at Bryce, who couldn't stop starring at her. This must be the girl he likes.

"Can I get ya'll something to drink?" She asked, pulling a small notebook and pen out of the pocket in her apron.

"May I have a coffee please?" I ordered.

"Sure thing, and for you?" She asked, looking at Bryce.

"I'll have a coffee too, please," he smiled.

"Alrighty, I'll be back in a minute," she said.

"Is that her?" I asked as soon as she was out of earshot.

"Yeah, that's the one," he blushed, looking down at the menu he held in his hands.

"She's really cute," I said, "and seems really sweet. She won't think we're on a date or anything, right?" I asked.

"No, she knows I'm not seeing anyone. She isn't either," he replied.

"How old is she?"

"Just turned nineteen. She's working here so she can pay her way through college. She wants to enroll at Boston University next fall, couldn't afford to this year," he explained.

Just as he finished Emily came back over and poured the hot coffee into both of our mugs.

"Are ya'll ready to order or do you need some more time?" She asked.

"I think we're ready," Bryce answered, looking at me to make sure I agreed.

"Can I have the blueberry pancakes please? With a side of bacon."

She wrote my order down on her notepad then looked at Bryce.

"And for you?" She smiled.

"I'll have the scrambled eggs with the fried hash browns, bacon, and toast please," he ordered.

"Is that all?" She teased, giggling at his large order.

He playfully rolled his eyes, handing her the menus.

"Yes, that is all," he joked.

We stayed silent for a minute, each gazing out the window at the foliage that was starting to turn into vibrant shades of red, orange, and yellow.

"So," he said, taking a sip of his coffee, "tell me about you and Mr. Mendes."

-

I've been thinking about Shawn's extremely attractive hands for the last hour and all the things they could do to me and now I'm very...weak in the knees

Mr. Mendesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें