II - Welcome to Class

A minute passed before I heard footsteps coming towards my door. Assuming it was Molly, I faced the door and did my sexiest pose, hoping to earn a laugh from her when she opened it.

When the door opened, my eyes were met not with Molly, but with the handsome brunette.

"¡Oh Dios mío!" (Oh my god) I said, quickly covering my body with my arms the best I could.

"I'm so sorry! I thought this was my girlfriend's dressing room," he explained apologetically, whispering so she wouldn't hear him.

"It's fine, please just go," I replied, laughing slightly.

He smiled and nodded his head once, beginning to find the humor in the situation.

"By the way," he added, even quieter than he had spoken before, "you should definitely buy that," he said with a wink and a seductive smirk, leaving the small room.

Molly approached me just as he walked away, her eyes widening so much they were practically coming out of her head.

"You have so much explaining to do!" She whispered yelled, entering my dressing room and closing the door behind her.

"I'll tell you on the way home, I just want to buy this and go to Forever 21 quickly," I told her.

-

On the car ride home I explained everything to her, making her realize it wasn't as big of a deal as it seemed.

"It was just an honest mistake. Besides, he was a stranger I'll probably never see again and he's got to be at least twenty three," I said, trying to find a song to play next.

"Yeah, a hot stranger," Molly said, making us both laugh.

"I'll admit, he was pretty hot," I replied honestly.

"Pretty hot? Mags he was fucking gorgeous!" She said loudly, making us laugh again.

-

We spent the rest of the day at my house, just hanging out. She never brought up the hot stranger again, and neither did I, yet I couldn't stop thinking about him.

It's crazy, right? We barely talked, and I have no idea who he even is. It's not like I'll ever see him again, so I just need to let it go.

I shook these thoughts from my head as I crawled into bed, making sure I remembered to set my alarm for school.

-

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, wanting to cry when I realized it was the first day of school. I mean, it's 5:45am, I should be asleep.

I laid in bed on my phone for a good fifteen minutes, then finally mustered up the strength to leave my warm bed.

I walked into the bathroom and went over to the sink so I could brush my teeth. When that was done I washed my face, moisturized, and began to do my makeup.

I didn't want to do too much, since there's no one I need to impress at school, so I just did a simple everyday look with minimal coverage and nude, warm tones. When I was finished I ran my fingers through my hair, giving it some more volume.

I went back into my room and put on medium-wash jean shorts and a thin white sweater. I put on deodorant and sprayed on my perfume, then headed downstairs.

We have to be at school for 7:20, so Molly always picks me up at 7:08. I had six minutes to spare.

I grabbed a bagel and sat down on the couch while I ate it, scrolling through my Instagram feed. When she arrived I slipped on my gray Vans, grabbed my backpack, and headed out the door.

"Adiós Mamá, te amo!" (Goodbye mom, I love you) I called over my shoulder as I left the house.

-

I groaned as we pulled into the school parking lot, wishing my senior year was over already.

When we got inside I looked at my schedule, figuring out what class I have first. Ancient Egyptian History. Honestly, I was really excited for this class.

I walked down the hall and went up to the second floor, finding my way to the classroom. When I sat down there weren't too many students yet, so I picked a desk closest to the teacher's desk.

I get good grades and always behave, so it's not intimidating for me. In my high school experience, if you sit closest to the teacher, they'll  look right over your head when searching for who should be getting in trouble. Not going to lie, I've always been a bit of a teacher's pet. Not the annoying kind, just enough to make my life easier.

I sat my bag down beside my desk and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I laughed when I read my text from Molly.

Molly🌸: apparently the new Egypt teacher is super hot!!! So jealous of you right now

Maggie: hahaha, he's not here yet but I'll let you know

I shut my phone off when I heard someone enter the room and close the door, meaning that it was the teacher. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw who it was.

"Good morning class, I'm Mr. Mendes."