Chapter Sixty-Five: Epilogue

Hayleigh:

"So that's it?" Gracie, Niall and I's fifteen year-old, questions curiously. "You guys sang and kissed, then got married? How long did you date?" 

"Four years," Niall answers from beside me, holding my hand in his lap. "It wasn't all smooth sailing though."

Our six year-old, Jessie, speaks up from her sister's lap, "What else happened?"

"Minor bumps in the road," I shrug and Niall nods in agreement. "They were just arguments that every couple has and we got through it." He leans forward, placing a kiss on my temple.

Gracie smiles at us. "How did you propose, Dad?"

I turn to look at him happily as he grins. "Wonderful question, darling. You know how your mom is a photographer? Well I had to incorporate that into it. You see..."

"Presley, where are we going?" I ask with a laugh, my vision blackened by the blindfold.

"I'm not allowed to tell you," my best friend replies. "This is how far I go. You can take it off now." I rip off the bandana, blowing my hair out of my eyes.

Moving my head around, I notice we're in the park. "Why are we in the park?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out soon enough," she smirks, and motions with her hand to a post with something taped to it. I give her a weird glance but walk over to it.

I smile when I see a photograph of Niall and I; one we took the day we met. We thought we would never see each other again... boy were we wrong. Familiar scribbles spread along the back of the photo, making my grin widen.

Little did we know what ride we signed up for that day Xx P.s. follow the path :)

A laugh escapes my lips but I do as it says, and  begin to walk down the gravel. Soon, I come across another post with another picture of Niall and I. What was going on? It was the day he returned from Ireland, after Christmas where he caught me in a hug. Presley must've snapped it.

Our first cheesy reunion of many ;)

I hold on to it tightly with the another and continue walking, coming across a picture every few feet. One was our fountain picture from Trafalgar Square, another of us asleep on a couch from his birthday party, even one from the This Is Us premiere..so many random pictures that show our journey as best friends to a couple up until some from a couple days ago. When I finally come to the last one, it's my absolute favorite.  

He was smiling while staring at me as someone took it for us, but I was full on laughing with my hand partially covering my mouth. The best part about the photo was that it wasn't at a premiere or staged; it was simply us being us.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.