Chapter Thirty-Nine: Lullabies

Thursday, January 17, 2013:
Hayleigh:
"I can't believe you two actually got a tattoo!" Presley exclaims and flicks the wrap on my ankle, making me wince.
"Please be careful," I hiss from the slight pain and Niall squeezes my shoulder.
"She didn't even cry," he tells our friends and presses his lips to my temple as he rubs my back.
"I don't understand how you're fine," I say, a little aggravated.
Niall chuckles, "Believe me I'm not, love. I'm smiling through the pain."
"How do you guys do this all the time?" I ask the four lads and they all simultaneously shrug.
"I guess you get used to it," Zayn replies simply.
"When you have as many as Zayn and I," Harry starts, "it doesn't hurt so bad."
"How much longer?" Dani asks eagerly from Liam's side on the couch.
Louis checks his watch that Eleanor gave him for Christmas. "You guys should be good to take off the wrap now."
"Niall you go first," I encourage him and he raises an eyebrow from beside me.
"Are you just saying that because you're scared?" He questions and I flash him a smile.
"Nope. Go ahead Nialler! Rip that off!"
"You realize he can't literally rip it off?" Louis comments with a slight laugh.
"Of course I did," I roll my eyes. "Niall take it off."
Niall lifts up his ankle, resting it on his left leg and carefully peels back the paper, revealing the small tattoo.
We both decided on a small saying, "Stay Strong." That phrase helped me a lot during my past and Niall agreed it was something meaningful.
"Stay?" Perrie questions. "What does that mean?"
"Wait for it," Niall grins and I close my eyes nervously as he takes off the paper on my ankle.
"Stay strong," Harry states then smiles.
"I love it!" I squeal with excitement as I stand and twirl around, all the pain fading away.
"Well you're happy," Niall stands up as I hug him tightly and he spins me around with a laugh.
"It looks amazing," Presley comments and the grin on my face stays.
***
"I'm so bored," I groan and spread out my arms like a butterfly across the bed, making Niall chuckle.
"And exactly what would you like to do at two in the morning?" He questions, with an amused look on his face from my desk chair.
"We should," I pause to think before a light bulb goes off. "You should sing!"
He raises an eyebrow, "And why would I do that?" He watches me stand up on the bed before bouncing down in front of him.
"Because you love me and I'm in the middle of a sugar rush and when you sing it always helps me sleep," I ramble and he cuts me off by placing his hands over his mouth. I stop talking but smile sheepishly making him laugh and pull me into a Horan hug.
I bury my head into his neck and take a deep breath. "Fine I'll sing," he caves and kisses my nose when our hug ends. His blue eyes stare at me, "but only because you're full of sugar, darlin'."
A grin spreads its way on my lips and I break away from his hold and jump into my bed, quickly throwing the comforter over my legs. My best friend chuckles and climbs in with me, and I cuddle up to his side.
He wraps his arms around my waist, intertwining his fingers and I lean back, resting my head on his chest. "What do you want me to sing?" He murmurs, placing his head gently on mine.
"Sing one of your songs from Take Me Home," I reply, interlacing his sweatpants-covered legs with mine. He's silent for a bit, before he starts singing softly.
"Said I'd never leave her
'Cause her hands fit like my T-shirt
Tongue tied over three words, cursed
Running over thoughts that made my feet hurt
Body's intertwined with her lips." I recognize it as Over Again and I sigh with content as he begins his solo.
"Now she's feeling so low since she went solo
Hole in the middle of my heart like a polo
And it's no joke to me
So can we do it all over again." He pauses and I furrow my eyebrows together.
"Why'd you stop?"
"Join me," he suggests, gently squeezing my waist.
"Why?"
He doesn't answer directly. "If you sing with me for this song, I'll sing you Truly Madly Deeply."
"Done," I respond immediately because that is one of my absolute favorites.
He starts again, and I join him but not as loudly.
"If you're pretending from the start like this,
With a tight grip, then my kiss
Can mend your broken heart
I might miss everything you said to me
And I can lend you broken parts
That might fit like this
And I will give you all my heart
So we can start it all over again."
I sing the second verse because I really really want him to sing TMD next. It's seriously so beautiful when he sings it acapella and I know because he sings or hums without realizing it all the time.
"Can we take the same road two days in the same clothes
And I know just what she'll say if I make all this pain go
Can we stop this for a minute
You know, I can tell that your heart isn't in it or with it

Tell me with your mind, body and spirit
I can make your tears fall down like the showers that are British
Whether we're together or apart
We can both remove the masks and admit we regret it from the start."
Niall sings the chorus alone this time, his voice the only sound in the whole room. It's like the whole world stopped to hear him sing.
"If you're pretending from the start like this,
With a tight grip, then my kiss
Can mend your broken heart
I might miss everything you said to me

And I can lend you broken parts
That might fit like this
And I will give you all my heart
So we can start it all over again

You'll never know how to make it on your own
And you'll never show weakness for letting go
I guess you're still hurt if this is over
But do you really want to be alone?

If you're pretending from the start like this,
With a tight grip, then my kiss
Can mend your broken heart
I might miss everything you said to me

And I can lend you broken parts
That might fit like this
And I will give you all my heart
So we can start it all over again

If you're pretending from the start like this,
With a tight grip, then my kiss
Can mend your broken heart
I might miss everything you said to me

And I can lend you broken parts
That might fit like this
And I will give you all my heart
So we can start it all over again." I had joined again somewhere in the last chorus, only because he nudged me though.
"Now sing my song," I demand as nicely as possible, trying to curl my body closer to him in effect to the lack of heat in my bedroom.
"Gosh, so bossy," he jokes and I roll my eyes playfully. His grip on me tightens as he starts singing the ballad.
"Am I asleep, am I awake, or somewhere in between?
I can't believe that you are here and lying next to me
Or did I dream that we were perfectly entwined?
Like branches on a tree, or twigs caught on a vine?

Like all those days and weeks and months I tried to steal a kiss
And all those sleepless nights and daydreams where I pictured this,
I'm just the underdog who finally got the girl
And I am not ashamed to tell it to the world."
"So beautiful," I mumble as I close my eyes and I can feel him smile as he continues.
"Truly, madly, deeply, I am
Foolishly, completely falling
And somehow you kicked all my walls in
So baby, say you'll always keep me
Truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love with you
In love with you."
He ceases to put a tender kiss on my temple then goes on, softly right next to my ear.
"Should I put coffee and granola on a tray in bed
And wake you up with all the words that I still haven't said?
And tender touches, just to show you how I feel
Or should I act so cool like it was no big deal."
My eyes begin to burn slightly as I try to keep them open but fail and close them to ease the pain.
"Wish I could freeze this moment in a frame and stay like this
I'll put this day back on replay and keep reliving it
'Cause here's the tragic truth if you don't feel the same
My heart would fall apart if someone said your name."
I'm half asleep as he sings the chorus again, sounding soft like a lullaby.
"And truly, madly, deeply, I am
Foolishly, completely falling
And somehow you kicked all my walls in
So baby, say you'll always keep me
Truly, madly, crazy, deeply in love with you

I hope I'm not a casualty,
Hope you won't get up and leave
Might not mean that much to you
But to me it's everything, everything."
I finally drift off into a deep slumber and the last thing I remember is Niall closing the song and whispering in my ear.
"Sweat dreams, Brown-eyes."
****
Hey Guys! I hope you all are doing well and sorry it's just a filler this week:/ NOT TO MENTION ITS TUESDAY NIGHT AND NOT BLOODY MONDAY.
IM SORRY.
I have many big things coming up so don't worry.
And THE NAYLEIGH FEELS KICKIN IN MAN. I love writing scenes like this where they're cute and cuddly like they're in their own world with only each other and- *sighs deeply* I just love this book. It's no way near over. It's a long one because this friendship has a LONG way to go.
Love you all! Xx
~Lex
P.S. PERFECT IS MA JAM AND IM SO PUMPED FOR MADE IN THE AM AND THE MUSIC VIDEO IS AMAZAYN. BRILLIAM. EXTRAORDIHARRY. PHENOMINIALL. FABULOUIS.
It was black and white like little things and it was beautiful how they made it so natural and not forced:)