Chapter Sixty-Three: Avoidance of Truth

Thursday, November 28, 2013:

Niall:

"Though you guys celebrated Monday night, this party will be more official," Simon tells the five of us. "Your management agreed it'd be good to have a photographer, and to get more publicity we need you to invite as many of your friends as possible. It is short notice, as it tomorrow night, but we just recently came up with the idea. Is that good with you all?"

All of us glance at each other before Liam speaks up, "Yeah, we haven't had a chance to celebrate with our friends yet anyways."

"Great," Simon grins. "I need a list by tonight on who is invited so no one can sneak it. There's no limit so you can invite anyone you want. Other than that, you boys are free to go."

"Thanks, Simon," Louis comments as we simultaneously stand.

"You're welcome, I'll see you lot tomorrow night then."

We leave his office and head towards the elevators. Once we're inside, I pull out my phone to avoid conversation with the lads. I half listen as they converse.

"Perrie and the rest of Little Mix said they can come," Zayn states.

"I'm asking Ed now," Harry replies, typing on his phone. "I know Pres will say yes, and she'll probably want to bring Riley and Becca as well. We can also ask Demi, Zach, Ryan, etc."

"Eleanor and Max are definitely on the list," Louis continues, making me tune out completely.

When the elevator door opens, I walk out first. I try to get to my car and leave, but when a hand appears and shuts the door, I groan. "Not so fast," Liam says loudly, making me turn and face the four of them. They all stare at me with their arms crossed, not saying anything.

"What?" I finally question.

"Who are you bringing, Niall?"

I knew who they wanted me to say, so I simply shrug. "Dunno, I'll have to think about it."

"Have you seriously not talked to her yet?" Zayn asks me in disbelief. "It's been two days."

Harry glares at me, "You are the worst person ever." Ever since he went after her with Presley, he hasn't said anything nice to me. In fact, he's barely spoken to me at all. I'm guessing she told them what happened. I'm still trying to process what happened though, and I haven't meant to come off as rude, I just don't understand. How could she love me?

"Harry," Louis warns, placing a hand on his best mate's shoulder. "Don't bring him down."

"He fucking broke her," Harry snarls, talking about me like I'm not even here.

"Do you even know what happened?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes, "Of course I do."

"We don't," Louis cuts in with a motion towards him, Zayn and Liam, glancing between the two of us. "Mostly because none of you will talk about it!"

"If I told you, you'd hate him as much as I do," Harry replies, looking at me with disgust.

"I didn't do anything!" I defend myself, not wanting to be blamed for nothing.

"Exactly!" He widens his eyes, as if I didn't understand. Which to be honest, I don't. "You didn't say anything!"

"She didn't give me a chance!" I shoot back loudly, balling my hands into fists. "She ran off before I could!"

"Guys, remember where we are," Zayn tries to hush us, but we ignore him.

"And if you had the chance, what would've you said?" Harry raises his eyebrows, testing me.