Chapter Twenty-One: Sleepy-Heads

"Guys I can't sing," I protest and Louis holds up his hand.
"Have you not seen any of our video diaries?" He questions with a mischievous sparkle in his eye.
"Yeah," I say slowly, confused. "Why?"
"Then you know only Jimmy can protest!" Louis shouts, and I rub my temples. We've been arguing for over ten minutes.
Suddenly, I get an idea. I raise my head, looking at everyone, "Fine I'll do it."
They all cheer until I finish, "If Niall does it with me."
My best friend's blue eyes widen, "Why me?"
"Because that way I get to sing with you," the corners of his mouth turn upwards.
"I guess you can do that," Presley rolls her eyes.
"What song do you want to do?" Niall asks me, his face showing a little bit of excitement.
"Do the one you were teaching me to play yesterday," I decide and he raises an eyebrow.
"Irresistible?" He confirms and I nod.
"Yep."
"I just wrote that yesterday," he blushes slightly, as if he didn't want the boys to know about it.
"Oh well then," Harry smiles cheekily. "We need to think of our next album anyways."
Niall nods still unsure and glances at me. "You know the words?"
I smile, "Yep. I loved it so much I memorized it."
He chuckles and begins playing on his guitar. "You start," I nudge his shoulder and he smiles.
"Okay."
"Don't, try to make me stay
Or ask if I'm okay
I don't have the answer
Don't make me stay the night
Or ask if I'm alright
I don't have the answer," Niall nods at me and I smile shyly before singing.
"Heartache doesn't last forever
I'll say I'm fine
Midnight ain't no time for laughing
When you say goodbye," Niall grins at me before we sing the chorus together.
"It makes your lips so kissable
And your kiss unmissable
Your fingertips so touchable
And your eyes irresistible," I sneak a glance at the others and the girls are swaying with their eyes closed. Hopefully, that's a good sign.
"I've tried to ask myself
Should I see someone else?
I wish I knew the answer.
But I know, if I go now, if I leave
Then I'm on my own tonight
I'll never know the answer," Niall sings before I take over, gaining a little confidence.
"Midnight doesn't last forever
Dark turns to light
Heartache flips my world around
I'm falling down, down, down,
That's why." As we start the chorus again, the boys join in and I smile. Even the girls lightly sing back up.
"I find your lips so kissable
And your kiss unmissable
Your fingertips so touchable
And your eyes irresistible
(Irresistible)
Irresistible
(Irresistible)
Irresistible
(Irresistible)
Irresistible
(Irresistible)," Niall and I sing the bridge together.
"It's in your lips and in your kiss
It's in your touch and your fingertips
And it's in all the things and other things
That make you who you are and your eyes irresistible."
"It makes your lips so kissable
And your kiss unmissable
Your fingertips so touchable
And your eyes, your eyes, your eyes,
Your eyes, your eyes, your eyes
Irresistible," We harmonize before Niall finishes playing.
"I love that!" Dani exclaims and leans into Liam.
"Me too!" Perrie agrees, "You have a lovely voice, Hayleigh."
"Not as beautiful as yours," I tell her, a slight blush settling in my cheeks. "I love Little Mix."
"Awe thank you," she smiles as Zayn wraps an arm around her shoulder.
"It's a great song, Niall," Louis speaks up. "I actually think it could be a great addition to our album soon."
Niall grins, showing his braces, "Thank you."
"Now it's time for story telling," Harry claps his hands and smiles making his dimples pop out.
"Why are we five?" Presley snorts, rolling her eyes.
"Mentally," Louis comments and I laugh.
"My mental age is probably ten," Harry states and Presley smirks.
"Now I can agree with both of those things."
"What's my mental age?" Liam questions, starting a huge discussion that lasts about two hours.
***
Niall:
"Hayleigh," I whisper and shake her shoulder. "Hay...Hay-bale!" She doesn't stir and I sigh.
"Niall, it's past one. Let the poor girl get some shut eye," Dani groans, rubbing her eyes.
"I need to talk to her," I reply seriously before glancing ahead of me, "Presley be careful."
The black-haired girl waves me off before tripping over the coffee table. I chuckle, "Told you."
Zayn yawns for the tenth time and cuddles closer to Perrie in the recliner, "Get some sleep, Ni."
"You can talk to her tomorrow," Presley moans as she slowly stands up. She starts walking before swaying side to side before collapsing next to Harry. I sigh but agree without saying anything. I gently pick up Hayleigh and start to head to her room- carefully avoiding Liam, Harry, Louis, Eleanor, and Dani.
"What's going on?" Hay asks softly and shifts in my arms.
"It's time to go to sleep, HayBear," I say gently in her ear and she tiredly giggles.
"HayBear?"
"I like it," I smile and kick open her door quietly. I place her on her bed, and she quickly gets under her covers.
As I turn to leave, she grabs my wrist making me face her again. "Can you stay?"
"Of course," I reply softly and lean down to kiss her forehead before climbing into bed with her.
She snuggles towards me and I wrap my arms around her tightly in my embrace. "I'm gonna miss you," I hear her whisper and I frown.
"I'm going to miss you too, Hay-bale." So much, I add in my head.
***
"You're going to have so much fun," Hayleigh tells me with a sad smile on her face.
"I know and so are you," I reply and she hugs me quickly again.
"How am I going to have fun?"
"You're going on a mission trip to Haiti with Presley," I raise my eyebrows, "How is that not fun?"
"No I'm excited about that," she agrees, "but I'm talking about after that. It's going to be weird not seeing you everyday. We've become so close; I don't want you to forget me." Her brown eyes start to glisten and I pull her into another hug.
I run my fingers through her hair. "Hayleigh, I could never forget about you. You mean too much to me," I soothe and she looks at me.
"Really?"
"Really," I assure her.
"You mean the world to me too," Hayleigh smiles, "I'm so proud of you."
My heart warms at the thought and I smile at her. "Niall! We gotta go!" Harry yells and we walk back outside with the others. I wrap an arm around her shoulders, keeping her next to me as long as possible, and we head outside.
Hayleigh abandons my side to say goodbye to the other lads and I take this opportunity to hug the other girls.
"Will you watch her for me?" I ask Presley and she nods.
"Of course Ni," she agrees before hugging me.
"Take care of Louis," Eleanor smiles sadly and gives me a hug as well. "Have fun."
"I will."
Dani and Perrie say something similar before squeezing me goodbye. I glance at Hayleigh and she runs over to me, crashing me into a hug. She buries her head into my shirt. "I don't want you to leave," she cries and I hold her close to me.
"I don't want to leave you either," I tell her.
"Cambiare il mondo," I hear her say, making me confused.
"Excuse me?"
"It means change the world," she pulls away slightly and looks at me with a depressed sparkle in her eye. "I know what you and the lads are capable of. You guys can make a difference."
"Thank you, Hayleigh."
I hug her tightly before Liam interrupts, "Come on, Niall."
"Love you," Hay kisses my cheek and smiles, a single tear falling down her face.
"Love you too," I gently take a piece of her hair and tuck it behind her ear.
She backs away from me to stand next to Presley and I walk onto the bus, not looking back until we start down the road.
"I'm sorry Niall," Harry pats my back and takes a seat next to me on the couch.
"It'll be fine," Zayn assures me and Louis agrees.
"We know what you're going through," he smiles sadly, "I hate leaving El."
"Same with Dani," Liam speaks up and I nod.
"I hate leaving Presley," Harry mumbles making all of us shoot up.
"You like Presley!?"
A/N: Oooooo, Harry's got a crush!! What do you think will happen?? Mwuahaha. <-bad evil laugh right?
Anyways, I hope you guys are doing fine. And I hate to bring this up again but I have to.
I AM NOT STEALING ANYBODY'S STORIES OR IDEAS.
How many times do I have to say it!? I hate that I'm being called out on something that I would never and will never do.
It's quite insulting that some of you think I can't come up with original material.
I hope you enjoyed the chapter.
Next Update: Monday
Vote:|
Comment:|
Stay Beautiful:)