Chapter Fifty-Four: Roof tops

Friday, August 23, 2013:

Hayleigh:
"Hello?"
"If Presley isn't with you someone is going to get murdered," I grit my teeth, running my hand through my hair.
"Calm down, Hayleigh," Harry tells me but I shake my head even though he can't see me.
"Is she with you or not?" I ask, biting my finger nail nervously.

Harry chuckles, "Yes, Presley is with me."

A relieved sigh escapes from my lips, "Oh, thank god. Is she okay? She never came home last night."

He coughs, "She's fine, still shaken up."

"From what?" I narrow my eyes. "Harry what happened?" I demand, glancing at Niall who was now listening intently. He came over this morning to talk about what happened yesterday, but when I realized that Presley wasn't here when I woke up, I freaked. I thought she spent the night at Connor's, but she would usually text me or something to let me know. I had tried her cell about twenty times, and was so close to calling the police or something.

"Connor and Presley broke up," He tells me, but the tone of his voice told me he wasn't sharing everything.

"That's it?" I question suspiciously. "How did she end up with you?"

"I'm the one who picked her up from his place," Harry answers but I still don't believe him completely.

"But-"

"Hayleigh," he interrupts, "She will tell you everything when she gets back."

I take a deep breath, "Just one more question."

Harry doesn't reply at first, "Okay."

"Did he-" I start before taking a seat and lowering my voice, fearing the truth. "Did he do anything?"

"I'm only answering this because Presley is nodding at me," he informs me as Niall nudges me with his shoulder. "He hit her a few times."

I gulp, not wanting to believe it. "Please tell me nothing else happened," I beg.

"Nothing else happened, I made sure of it," he states firmly. Niall takes my phone and puts it on speaker. I guess that's better than him having his face pressed against the other side of my cell.

"Are you okay, mate?"

"I got punched but I'll be alright," Harry tells us.

"What time is she coming back?" I question curiously.

"Around three," Presley suddenly speaks up. "I just want to hang out with Haz for a bit."

Niall and I exchange glances and I almost laugh when I see his smirk. "Okay, call me if you need anything," I say to her.

"Thanks Hayleigh," she replies genuinely. "I promise I'll tell you everything. I just want to forget about it for a while."

"I understand perfectly," I state. "Love you girlie."

"Love you too, Leigh." I hang up and smile at the blonde boy before I remember I'm mad at him. I get up from the couch and head up to my room, not even looking at him.

"Come on, Hayleigh," Niall follows me. "I didn't do anything wrong!"

I whirl around in the middle of the hallway, "You didn't do anything wrong?" He freezes with one foot on the last top step. "Niall I told you where Evan and I were going to be and you just happen to show up? That doesn't scream accident."

He crosses his arms over his chest before finally looking at me. "I was looking out for you. You know I don't like him."

"You still shouldn't have interrupted my day with him," I reply, walking down the hall and into my room. After collapsing on my bed, Niall cautiously stands in the doorway. "What do you have against him? We're just friends."