Chapter Fifty-Six: Promises

Hayleigh:

"Thank you," I smile kindly at the teenage worker, taking my ice cream cone.

"So what's new with you?" Perrie asks from beside me as we walk to a table with everyone.

"Nothing since you texted me yesterday," I joke and she chuckles. "My life has been boring as crap."

"I think she means how is your friendship with Niall going," Eleanor speaks, coming up next to us before we take a seat. "Presley told us you're worried that you'll get replaced."

My eyes widen, and I turn to glare at the brunette who wasn't paying us any attention as she laughed with Harry. Letting out a sigh, I look at the two girlfriends who were staring at me with their eyebrows raised. "Of course I am worried," I admit to the both of them. "Have you seen Zoe and Niall together? They're inseparable."

"You and Niall are like that too," Perrie tells me, taking a lick from her ice cream cone.

"We used to be," I slightly argue. "All he does now is sing with the boys and text or call Zoe."

"You know he loves you," Eleanor tries to persuade me and I nod my head.

I agree, "I know he does. His life is just really busy right now."

"Hayleigh!" Turning in my seat, I see Niall looking indecisive. "Should I order Rocky Road or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?"

"Order one of each," I decide for him. "That way you don't really have to choose."

"I know I keep you around for a reason," he winks before telling the girl his order. My cheeks burn slightly, making me cover my embarrassment by eating my ice cream.

My two beautiful friends smirk before going to sit with their boyfriends. "So," Niall plops down in the seat across from me with his cup of ice cream in his hand.

I look at him expectantly, waiting for him to finish. "Yes?"

"What's happened since we last hung out?" A lot.

"Nothing new," I give him the same answer I gave to Perrie. "I'm still just me."

He rolls his bright blue eyes, shoving a mouthful of Rocky Road in his mouth. "Oh come on, Hay. Nothing's happened?"

I nod my head, "Evan and I are great, my job is going steady, and I'm planning to visit the fam in a few days. That's about it."

"When did you become so boring?" Niall questions, making my jaw drop.

I lean forward and slap his arm, "Excuse me for having a normal life."

He chuckles, "Hayleigh I was just kidding, loosen up. I know what will do the trick! We need to hang out soon."

My heart swells at his words as I look at him, surprised. "Really?"

"Really." He taps the little pink spoon against his chin, pursing his lips as he thinks. "What should we do?"

"If you think about the past few years we've done a lot of interesting things," I comment, staring at him as he glances at our friends.

"Yeah but how to top it?" Niall bites his lip before a grin takes over his face. "I've got it! We should go play golf!"

I laugh, "Of course that's what you think we should do."

"What? It's a very relaxing sport," he defends. "Plus, we've never been golfing. Together I mean."

"Fine," I roll my eyes again but agree. Going through my schedule mentally, I pick a date. "How's Thursday? I've got a wedding shoot on Wednesday, and normal work Sunday through Tuesday. This way we can still do our Halloween tradition."