Chapter Thirty-Six: Agent Styles

Harry:
"I wonder what's going to happen," Presley whispers giddily at me.
I chuckle deeply, "You've never seen the Goonies?"
She scoffs, "Of course I have."
"Prove it," I say with my signature smirk. I cross my arms and lean back against the couch, my attention fully on the dark brown-haired beauty beside me.
"I can name all the characters," she brags but I'm not believing it.
"Prove it," I repeat.
"There's Mikey, Chunk, Mouth, Brand, Data, Andy, Stef, Sloth, Mama Fratelli, Francis, Jake, and the rest of them," she lists off and my jaw drops slightly open. I bite my lip when she smirks at me proudly before she moves her eyes to the couch. "Aw," she coos, pulling out her phone.
I follow her gaze to see Niall and Hayleigh asleep on the couch. She was basically on top of him with his arm wrapped around her protectively. Their friendship is one of a kind, I'll tell ya.
However, you can tell they're cold because Niall is getting goosebumps, and Hayleigh is shivering every few seconds. That's what she gets for wearing shorts and a shirt that only goes out to her shoulders.
Presley stands, taking a blanket from the arm of the sofa and gently laying it across their bodies. "Thanks," Niall whispers, his eyes barely staying open as he slowly moves his hand up and down through Hay's hair in attempt to braid it loosely.
"No problem," Presley smiles before returning to her seat so I take this opportunity to glance at everyone else. Eleanor and Louis were inhaling the last bowl of popcorn, Liam and Daniella were falling asleep but kept shaking themselves awake, while Zayn and Perrie were completely knocked out, cuddled into each other. Darting my green eyes to Presley, I find myself smiling as she rests her head on the opposite end of the sofa.
Is it bad if I really want her next to me instead?
I know I said it was just a crush, but it's pretty hard not to fall in love with her when I see her almost everyday.
I love her laugh, seeing the way her face brightens. Sometimes, if she laughs hard enough, she'll let out a cute little snort that I find irresistible. I love her passion for art and how she can go on and on about it for hours, never once loosing interest. I love how she puts her friends and family in front of herself and is always by their side through thick and thin. I love the way she jokes and teases me, never loosing her sass or sarcasm....I love everything about her.
Oh shit.
My eyes widen and I abruptly turn my head back to the movie. What the hell is wrong with me? I can't lo-like Presley like that...she has a boyfriend.
"Guess what I just did?" A soft voice interrupts my thoughts and when I look down it's the girl that has managed to stick herself in my head like glue.
"What?" I play along and she smiles widely.
"I posted that photo on Twitter," Presley giggles and I can't help but wish I could kiss her right there and then.
"Aren't they going to be mad?" I nod my head at the sleeping best friends and she just waves her hand dismissively.
"It's already trending," she tells me like it's the worst crime ever committed. "Hayleigh told me she's sick of always seeing fans posting 24/7 about Nayleigh because Niall is her best friend and she thinks it's weird."
"I think it's cute," I speak up and she pats my cheek.
"That's why you're my favorite member," my heart raises slightly.
I raise my eyebrows, "I thought you didn't like me?"
Presley rolls her eyes, "You're making it seem like I hate you, which I don't. I'll admit, you are sometimes very annoying but I couldn't ever dislike you. I like how you understand me, Styles. It sounds weird but it's true."
"Well thanks," I smile and she returns it.
I jump suddenly, "What's that noise?"
Presley sheepishly holds up her phone. "Sorry I got a text."
"From who?"
"Connor," she answers, her eyes glued to her phone as her fingers move quickly across the screen and I hold my jealousy in.
Connor needs to know how lucky he is to have Presley as a girlfriend.
I watch her, not really caring if she would catch me until she frowns.
Then, her phone begins playing a song I don't know the name of and she stands up, pressing the phone against her ear.
Presley walks inside the house and my curiosity gets the better of me, so I wait a few seconds before following her. "Harry?" I hear Lou call and I turn to face my best friend.
"Yea?"
"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asks, slightly raising his eyebrows.
I look at the door the girl I'm majorly falling for before looking back at him with a nod. "I'm sure." He sighs but nods as well, before turning back to the movie.
I quickly jog into the house, tiptoeing once I enter the kitchen. Gosh I feel like spy.
I stop when I see Presley standing in the living room, with her back to me and strain my ears to hear the conversation. "I still don't see why you need me for this," Presley sighs and a beat goes by before she responds. "Connor, I'm celebrating one of the boys' birthday. I'm not going to leave to come see you right now." I furrow my eyebrows together in concentration. Why does Connor want Presley to leave?
"Excuse me? You do not have a right to tell me who I can and can't hang out with," she snaps angrily, her left hand by her side clenching into a fist. "I really don't care about how you want to go to a party. I invited you to come here to meet the boys but you said no." I'm Agent Styles here to eliminate Target D, otherwise known as Connor Fields.
Pres then laughs dryly, "What do you mean you don't like them? You've never even met them before."
"I'm not coming to your place," she repeats herself. "Look, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later, after you aren't under the influence."
I sneak a glance from behind the wall to see her sniffle and wipe her eyes softly. My eyes soften and I want nothing more to see her smile rather than get upset over her douche for a boyfriend.
Biting my lip, I slowly inch backward before walking forwards again, louder, so Presley can hear me coming. "Everything okay?" I ask her, watching as she stuffs her phone into her shorts' pocket.
"Everything is perfect," she lies through her teeth with her gorgeous smile.
I cross my arms over my chest and look at her with an eyebrow raised. The smile falls once she sees my disbelief and she shakes her head. "Okay, you caught me. Everything isn't perfect, it's terrible."
"What's wrong?" I question, taking a seat on the edge of the sofa and she sits on the corner of the coffee table.
"Connor," Presley admits. "When I started dating him, everything was perfect. Now I'm not so sure."
"I heard talking to someone usually helps," I suggest and she smiles.
"Maybe so," she agrees, "but tonight isn't about me." She stands and holds out her hand for me to take, which I accept eagerly. "Let's go finish that movie, Styles."
"You know if you're not happy, you should break up with him," I pipe up, not looking in her direction in fear of her reaction.
"I'm happy," Pres persists but it sounds like she's trying to convince herself rather than tell me. "It's just sometimes we get into little fights but all couples do. It's okay."
I let out a little breath I didn't know I was holding, "Whatever you say, York."
A/N: Hey Everyone!! I hope you all are doing wonderful on this fine Monday and if not, SMILE BECAUSE YOURE BEAUTIFUL.
You finally got to see some Harsley action, eh? Haha, I'm praying you enjoyed that.
Okay, I noticed something the other day when I was on Wattpad. I have readers in Egypt?!
That's amazing!!!! Oh my gosh, if you live in Egypt and you're reading this, please comment so I can follow you!! It's amazing!!
I love you all! Thank you so much!
Vote:)
Comment:)
Stay beautiful:)