Chapter Fifty-Three: Help Me

A/N: Brace yourselves. This chapter is pretty long.

Thursday, August 22, 2013: That Afternoon

Presley:

"Tell me everything when you get back," I tell Hayleigh as we walk down the steps.

"What if I get back before you?" she smartly asks and I roll my eyes.

"Then tell me when I get home, duh! Have fun and be safe, Hayleigh," I say seriously and she wraps her arms around me.

"Harry said the same thing to me," she states and I laugh.

"Of course he did. I'm guessing you told him to keep his phone on?" I really appreciate how much Hayleigh and Harry care, but nothing is going to happen. I'm going to be perfectly fine.

Hayleigh grins as she grabs her shoes and purse, "You betcha." I stand in the doorway and watch as she gets in her car and drives off. 

I smile to myself; she's going to have so much fun. I lounge around the house till it's time for me to leave, and triple-check my appearance in the mirror. Tonight had to be perfect; it was our two year anniversary after all. I'll admit that my relationship with Connor hasn't been the best but he's trying to improve himself and I would be stupid to break up with him right now. My phone rings and I hit answer, pressing it against my ear. "Hello?"

"Presley?"

"Hey, Harry," I greet him with a smile on my face. "What's up?"

"I was just wondering if you've left for your date yet," he answers.

"Not yet, but he's supposed to be here any minute," I say. "Anything new?"

He lets out a deep chuckle, "Not really. The boys and I are in the studio, but we're taking five." 

"I thought you were done with everything," I wonder and I hear him shuffle around.

"Almost, we're just working on the minor details," Harry shares. "We're so excited to show the fans what we've been working on."

I smile, "I'm very proud of you boys. You have worked so hard and the movie was amazing."

"Thanks, Pres. That means a lot."

I hear a honk from outside, and peek out the window to see his car in the driveway. I couldn't help but roll my eyes; of course he wouldn't come to the door. "Harry, I am so sorry but Connor just pulled up."

"Oh," his voice deflates. "Have fun, Pres, and please call me if you need anything, okay?"

"I will," I state truthfully, before telling him to have fun himself. We hang up and I rush outside to Connor's car. "Hey," I say happily to him after I put on my seatbelt.

His brown eyes roam my figure instead of responding. He finally smirks, "I like the dress. You look hot."

I shake it off and smile at him, "Thank you. I like your...T-shirt?" I tilt my head in confusion, "Connor I thought we were going out tonight?"

"Of course we are," he tells me, taking one hand off of the wheel to squeeze my thigh. His hand doesn't leave and I just look out the window to not think anything of it. We drive in silence before I start to fiddle with the radio. I finally settle on a station when I hear Best Song Ever  through the speakers.

"Please turn it," Connor groans. "I'd rather listen to -"

"No," I shake my head, and begin humming along to Liam's solo. "There's nothing wrong with One Direction."