Paige-Almost Too Late

Pairing: Paige x Fem!Reader

Warnings: Fluff!

Word Count: 1,518

Summary: You're nervous to tell Paige about your feelings for her, but when someone comes in the way you know it's time to tell her.

A/N: First time writing for Paige! I kinda wished it turned out differently :( Hope You Enjoy!

⋆——————✧◦♚◦✧——————⋆

You stood backstage, waiting for one girl to walk through the curtains.

Paige.

She just won a match against Alicia Fox and after celebrating with the fans for 7 minutes, she made her way past the curtains.

"Y/n!" She called out for you, smiling as she noticed you waiting for her. "Hey Paige. Good match out there!" Paige smiled at your paise. "Thanks, and between you and me, it was pretty easy." Paige whispered the last bit, earning a laugh from you.

That made her smile.

You both kept eye contact, not once breaking away.

Unfortunately, the moment was broken apart with someone calling her name. "Paige! C'mere for a second!" Paige didn't look away immediately, but after a couple of seconds she gave you an apologetic smile and left. You stared at her back, watching as she left.

"Hey, what'chu doing?" You let out a gasp, jumping around to see Naomi standing there with her pom-pom in hand.

"Oh jeez, Naomi! You scared the day out of me!" Naomi smiled. "Staring at Paige again, I see." Your eyes grew wide as you looked at her. "Again? I don't even stare at her!" Naomi nodded her head, giving you 'the look.'

"Yeah sure. Whatever you say. I think it's pretty obvious that you like her. Just tell her how you feel, I'm sure she feels the same way." As Naomi spoke her mind you shook your head.

"No, no, I can't tell her. What if she rejects me? I'm totally not her type. She probably sees me as just a friend." You rambled, denying the thought of telling her.

Naomi frowned at your words, looking at you. "Hey girl, chill out. I'm sure she likes you back, but we'll never know if you don't confess. Now I'm not saying you have to tell her, but just think about it. Me and Cameron have a match, so I'll see you after that, okay?" You nodded your head, letting her leave.

The thought of telling her scared you, but at the same time it would answer your question.

-

Later on in the day you thought about all the possible outcomes that could happen if you told her the truth.

'Maybe she'll tell me she likes me back and ask me out.'

'Maybe she'll reject me and make fun of me with her friend, AJ.'

'Maybe she'll break off our friendship and never speak to me again.'

Although most were negative you found the courage to tell her.

You stood in front of the mirror, practicing your confession. "And I just wanted to know if you like me back." You finished speaking to yourself with a smile. "Alright. I can do this." You took a deep breath and opened the door to your locker room. "Let's do this."

You searched all around the arena for Paige, but still didn't find her. You were just about to give up and plan it for another day, but then you saw her talking to Rosa.

You made your way over with a smile. "Hey guys." You greeted the two, stealing the attention of Paige. "Y/n, I was hoping I would talk to you after earlier." You smiled at her words.